c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Error 42: Symbol Undefined _int86

↑ ↓ ← "jim p" <x y.com> writes:
Hi,

I got hold of some c functions that handle indexed files.

They compile OK, but when I try to link them to my source file I get the
following error at link time:

Error 42: Symbol Undefined _int86

Is there a library I have to link to which defines this symbol ?

Thanks

Jimbob
Jan 28 2004
"jim p" <x y.com> wrote in message news:bv8r9m$v43$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi,

 I got hold of some c functions that handle indexed files.

 They compile OK, but when I try to link them to my source file I get the
 following error at link time:

 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _int86

 Is there a library I have to link to which defines this symbol ?

 Thanks

 Jimbob

_int86 is defined in the DOS runtime libraries.
Jan 28 2004
Does that mean it can't be used in Win32?

news:bv92ci$1b94$3 digitaldaemon.com...

"jim p" <x y.com> wrote in message news:bv92lg$1bq3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Does that mean it can't be used in Win32?

That's right. The win32 operating system will not allow user level programs to do interrupts. You'll either need to compile the program as a dos program, or port it to the win32 api.
Jan 28 2004
Any idea where I can find some libraries for implementing indexed files ??

news:bv9l1u$2bdo$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 "jim p" <x y.com> wrote in message news:bv92lg$1bq3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Does that mean it can't be used in Win32?

That's right. The win32 operating system will not allow user level

 to do interrupts. You'll either need to compile the program as a dos
 program, or port it to the win32 api.

Jan 29 2004
 Any idea where I can find some libraries for implementing indexed files ??

 news:bv9l1u$2bdo$2 digitaldaemon.com...

"jim p" <x y.com> wrote in message news:bv92lg$1bq3$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Does that mean it can't be used in Win32?

That's right. The win32 operating system will not allow user level

programs
to do interrupts. You'll either need to compile the program as a dos
program, or port it to the win32 api.

-- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
Jan 29 2004