Note: DMDScript is not the D Programming Language, nor is it Java.
Here is the ECMAscript FAQ.
Key Benefits of DMDScript in D
- Implementation of ECMA 262 v3.
- Ideal for ECMAscript enabling browsers, email clients, and any application that needs a scripting language.
- Source code is available under the Boost license.
Installing DMDScriptDownload DMDScript.
Standalone Console Version of DMDScriptds with no arguments will compile and run the dscript file test.ds. With an argument, it will compile & run that file:
ds sievewill compile and run sieve.ds. The .ds is the default extension.
The console version has some additional builtin functions available:
- Get and return value of environment variable string.
- Print string to stdout.
- Print string to stdout followed by a newline.
- Read and return an input line from stdin, not including the newline.
goto StatementDMDScript implements the goto label; statement, like in C. goto is not part of the ECMA 262 v3 standard.
assert() FunctionDMDScript implements the assert() function property of the Global Object. assert() throws a RuntimeError exception. If there is an argument to assert(), that argument is converted to a Boolean and a RuntimeError exception is thrown if the argument is false.