D - Help with DUI openGL on Windows

reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
Help with DUI openGL on Windows needed.

I was trying to get it going but I have
an "access violation" on a GtkGlExt call.

libduigl and the gl test programs do compile.

The problem is that I don't know where to start looking.

One thing: I used the converted mesa3D C headers from
my linux system. Do you think I should get the headers
from the windows somehow? How do I do that?
I believe dig has those headers, maybe I'll try
those tomorow.

Any help/hint to save me some time is welcome.

thanks

Ant
Sep 21 2003
next sibling parent "Lars Ivar Igesund" <larsivi stud.ntnu.no> writes:
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bkm2ga$2n7i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 One thing: I used the converted mesa3D C headers from
 my linux system. Do you think I should get the headers
 from the windows somehow? How do I do that?
 I believe dig has those headers, maybe I'll try
 those tomorow.
Mesa use the same headers on Windows, so that shouldn't be a problem. In theory. Lars Ivar Igesund
Sep 22 2003
prev sibling parent reply John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:
Ant wrote:

 Help with DUI openGL on Windows needed.

 I was trying to get it going but I have
 an "access violation" on a GtkGlExt call.
I'll play around with it too, and see what I get.
 One thing: I used the converted mesa3D C headers from
 my linux system. Do you think I should get the headers
 from the windows somehow? How do I do that?
 I believe dig has those headers, maybe I'll try
 those tomorow.
I guess one could convert the DigitalMars OpneGL C header or the Mingw one to a complete import library (probably done already). From investigation of DIG, Burton did an extern (windows) { /*opengl functions here */ } within net\BurtonRadons\dig\windows\canvasGL. So it's tied into the CanvasGL class. But it should be easy enough to copy. Note that he uses the windows specifice wiggle (wgl) function for opengl context control. The opengl enums are separate in net\BurtonRadons\dig\common\glEnums.d. Then again there's Pavels old opengl 1.1 import lib at http://int19h.tamb.ru . But with this library I think you need to use his SDL import lib for video mode setting. (Does gtk take care of all screen resolution and video context control?). Don't know if that's any help. Later, John
Sep 21 2003
John Reimer wrote:

 Ant wrote:

[...]

In the above post, in the places that I said import library, I meant import module.
Sep 21 2003
parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bkm5ev$2tjb$1 digitaldaemon.com>, John Reimer says...
John Reimer wrote:

 extern (windows) { /*opengl
 functions here */ }
That's an idea, I never changed extern(C) to extern(windows)! That might fixed the access violation on the combo box (drop down)! (Few places require direct access to the data struct but combo box is one of them) I doubt I can do version(window) extern(windows) version(linux) extern(c) { .. } but I can try... later this evening. Ant
Sep 22 2003
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message news:bkmvdp$2fc4

 I doubt I can do
 version(window) extern(windows)
 version(linux) extern(c)
 {
 ..
 }
You are quite right: see the thread aliasing linkage identifiers from september 19th. Lars Ivar Igesund
Sep 22 2003