www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Mir updates

reply 9il <ilyayaroshenko gmail.com> writes:
Docs and links have been updated for

http://mir-algorithm.libmir.org, Mir Algorithm
http://mir-core.libmir.org, Mir Core
http://mir-random.libmir.org, Mir Random
http://mir-optim.libmir.org, Mir Optim
http://mir-cpuid.libmir.org, Mir CPUID
http://mir-blas.libmir.org, Mir BLAS
http://mir-lapack.libmir.org, Mir LAPACK
http://mir.libmir.org, Mir Backport
http://asdf.libmir.org, ASDF - JSON library

I have started this a year ago and recently I got time to finish 
this work.

All of the libraries above have:
1. Meson and dub support
2. Imports validation for documented examples
3. AWS S3 + Circle CI automated documentation updates

Mir Optim was completely reworked and got Box Constrained QP 
Solver

ASDF, mir-algorithm, mir-lapack, mir-random, mir-core have been 
extended

---

This work has been sponsored by Symmetry Investments and Kaleidic 
Associates.

http://symmetryinvestments.com/
https://github.com/kaleidicassociates
Mar 29
next sibling parent Yazan D <some email.com> writes:
On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 06:33:13 UTC, 9il wrote:
 Docs and links have been updated for

 http://mir-algorithm.libmir.org, Mir Algorithm
 http://mir-core.libmir.org, Mir Core
 http://mir-random.libmir.org, Mir Random
 http://mir-optim.libmir.org, Mir Optim
 http://mir-cpuid.libmir.org, Mir CPUID
 http://mir-blas.libmir.org, Mir BLAS
 http://mir-lapack.libmir.org, Mir LAPACK
 http://mir.libmir.org, Mir Backport
 http://asdf.libmir.org, ASDF - JSON library

 [...]
Thanks for your work!
Mar 29
prev sibling next sibling parent 9il <ilyayaroshenko gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 06:33:13 UTC, 9il wrote:
 Docs and links have been updated for

 http://mir-algorithm.libmir.org, Mir Algorithm
 http://mir-core.libmir.org, Mir Core
 http://mir-random.libmir.org, Mir Random
 http://mir-optim.libmir.org, Mir Optim
 http://mir-cpuid.libmir.org, Mir CPUID
 http://mir-blas.libmir.org, Mir BLAS
 http://mir-lapack.libmir.org, Mir LAPACK
 http://mir.libmir.org, Mir Backport
 http://asdf.libmir.org, ASDF - JSON library
and http://mir-integral.libmir.org/
Mar 30
prev sibling next sibling parent reply jmh530 <john.michael.hall gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 06:33:13 UTC, 9il wrote:
 [snip]
Thanks, I like 'em. I noticed that the little icon in the tabs has changed from most of them. However, the mir random is unchanged from before. Also, on the mir.glas page, one of the lines says "matrix-vector operations %3 done, partially optimized for now". Another line says "l3 was moved to mir-glas", which is confusing because it should be at the mir-glas documentation page anyway.
Mar 30
parent reply 9il <ilyayaroshenko gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 12:23:03 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
 On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 06:33:13 UTC, 9il wrote:
 [snip]
Thanks, I like 'em. I noticed that the little icon in the tabs has changed from most of them. However, the mir random is unchanged from before.
Probably it is because of your browser cache, likely will be updated after a while.
 Also, on the mir.glas page, one of the lines says 
 "matrix-vector operations %3 done, partially optimized for 
 now". Another line says "l3 was moved to mir-glas", which is 
 confusing because it should be at the mir-glas documentation 
 page anyway.
We don't have documentation for mir-glas library, only for mir (backports) package, which has mir.glas package. I don't know what to do with mir-glas, it is too good to be forgotten, but I don't see a commercial perspective in it.
Mar 30
parent reply Manu <turkeyman gmail.com> writes:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 12:15 AM 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:

 On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 12:23:03 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
 On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 06:33:13 UTC, 9il wrote:
 [snip]
Thanks, I like 'em. I noticed that the little icon in the tabs has changed from most of them. However, the mir random is unchanged from before.
Probably it is because of your browser cache, likely will be updated after a while.
 Also, on the mir.glas page, one of the lines says
 "matrix-vector operations %3 done, partially optimized for
 now". Another line says "l3 was moved to mir-glas", which is
 confusing because it should be at the mir-glas documentation
 page anyway.
We don't have documentation for mir-glas library, only for mir (backports) package, which has mir.glas package. I don't know what to do with mir-glas, it is too good to be forgotten, but I don't see a commercial perspective in it.
Why not? Where does it fall short of being useful?
Apr 01
parent reply 9il <ilyayaroshenko gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 2 April 2020 at 06:20:22 UTC, Manu wrote:
 On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 12:15 AM 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce 
 < digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:

 On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 12:23:03 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
 On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 06:33:13 UTC, 9il wrote:
 [snip]
Thanks, I like 'em. I noticed that the little icon in the tabs has changed from most of them. However, the mir random is unchanged from before.
Probably it is because of your browser cache, likely will be updated after a while.
 Also, on the mir.glas page, one of the lines says 
 "matrix-vector operations %3 done, partially optimized for 
 now". Another line says "l3 was moved to mir-glas", which is 
 confusing because it should be at the mir-glas documentation 
 page anyway.
We don't have documentation for mir-glas library, only for mir (backports) package, which has mir.glas package. I don't know what to do with mir-glas, it is too good to be forgotten, but I don't see a commercial perspective in it.
Why not? Where does it fall short of being useful?
For my work, I use `mir-blas` - ndslice bindings to CBLAS API. It is faster to write binding rather than finish BLAS implementation. It is useful. And I think it is very promising for Dlang promotion and can really involve new companies. I will be happy to finish it if a company sponsors the work. Companies like CPU/GPU vendors or companies that require slim and fast BLAS implementation will win from this work. However, I have no idea how to sell mir-glas, it is more complex to find a client rather than finish it.
Apr 02
parent reply jmh530 <john.michael.hall gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 2 April 2020 at 13:16:46 UTC, 9il wrote:
 [snip]

 For my work, I use `mir-blas` - ndslice bindings to CBLAS API. 
 It is faster to write binding rather than finish BLAS 
 implementation.

 It is useful. And I think it is very promising for Dlang 
 promotion and can really involve new companies. I will be happy 
 to finish it if a company sponsors the work. Companies like 
 CPU/GPU vendors or companies that require slim and fast BLAS 
 implementation will win from this work. However, I have no idea 
 how to sell mir-glas, it is more complex to find a client 
 rather than finish it.
Can mir-glas be used as a replacement blas implementation for mir-lapack?
Apr 02
parent 9il <ilyayaroshenko gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 2 April 2020 at 13:39:41 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
 On Thursday, 2 April 2020 at 13:16:46 UTC, 9il wrote:
 [snip]

 For my work, I use `mir-blas` - ndslice bindings to CBLAS API. 
 It is faster to write binding rather than finish BLAS 
 implementation.

 It is useful. And I think it is very promising for Dlang 
 promotion and can really involve new companies. I will be 
 happy to finish it if a company sponsors the work. Companies 
 like CPU/GPU vendors or companies that require slim and fast 
 BLAS implementation will win from this work. However, I have 
 no idea how to sell mir-glas, it is more complex to find a 
 client rather than finish it.
Can mir-glas be used as a replacement blas implementation for mir-lapack?
Yes (when finished). However, mir-lapack would need to link with a LAPACK library. For example, OpenBLAS can be compiled with LAPACK as a solid library. We can do the same. Actually, when the library is finished it can be available in the dub registry as well as it should be packed for Linux and windows as a standalone BLAS/LAPACK library with common API.
Apr 02
prev sibling parent p.shkadzko <p.shkadzko gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 06:33:13 UTC, 9il wrote:
 Docs and links have been updated for

 http://mir-algorithm.libmir.org, Mir Algorithm
 http://mir-core.libmir.org, Mir Core
 http://mir-random.libmir.org, Mir Random
 http://mir-optim.libmir.org, Mir Optim
 http://mir-cpuid.libmir.org, Mir CPUID
 http://mir-blas.libmir.org, Mir BLAS
 http://mir-lapack.libmir.org, Mir LAPACK
 http://mir.libmir.org, Mir Backport
 http://asdf.libmir.org, ASDF - JSON library

 [...]
Great news! Docs update is very much welcome. It is also interesting to try meson to build D projects.
Apr 04