www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Beerconf September 2021

reply Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy gmail.com> writes:


It's that time again, time for a few days of brews and D discussion. 
This month, the last weekend falls on September 25-26.



Check out the [wiki article](https://wiki.dlang.org/Beerconf).



I know all you conference speakers submitted your talks by the September 
5th deadline, right? So why not practice on a live audience! Note that 
last year's Dconf online was done using Jitsi, the platform we use for 
Beerconf, so you can be assured of an authentic experience and lively 
discussion.

Last month, Stefan demonstrated his new core.reflect library, and I 
think we may have had a record number of people tune in.

If you want to reserve some time, drop me an email, ping me on discord 
or slack. Maybe I'll have something to show off too...



Yes, I have one. You should [get 
one](https://www.zazzle.com/store/dlang_swag/products?cg=196874696466206954). 
2 out of 2 beerconf hosts love our shirts and highly recommend them! 
Though if you live in the EU, pay attention to the import duty, as it 
may justify getting 2 shirts.

See you in a couple weeks! 🍺

-Steve
Sep 11
next sibling parent reply Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy gmail.com> writes:
A bit early of a reminder here, but I wanted to let you know that while 
Stefan was the first BeerConf speaker, the second BeerConf speaker will 
be... also Stefan.

He will provide an update on the status of newCTFE which he has used 
recently to show a proof-of-concept for enabling statically initialized 
Associative Arrays.

The time will be the same as before, 17:00 UTC on Saturday.

This can serve as my usual reminder, though it's a bit early.

See you in a few days!

-Steve
Sep 21
parent reply james.p.leblanc <james.p.leblanc gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 21 September 2021 at 20:45:48 UTC, Steven 
Schveighoffer wrote:
 A bit early of a reminder here, but I wanted to let you know 
 that while Stefan was the first BeerConf speaker, the second 
 BeerConf speaker will be... also Stefan.

 He will provide an update on the status of newCTFE which he has 
 used recently to show a proof-of-concept for enabling 
 statically initialized Associative Arrays.

 The time will be the same as before, 17:00 UTC on Saturday.

 This can serve as my usual reminder, though it's a bit early.

 See you in a few days!

 -Steve
Steve, That sounds great! Could you post a link to how someone can join the BeerConf? A quick forum search produced only two hits, neither with needed info. Thanks, James
Sep 23
next sibling parent reply rikki cattermole <rikki cattermole.co.nz> writes:
The link will be added closer to the time (its immediately available).

 From there, just use a compatible web browser.
Sep 23
parent james.p.leblanc <james.p.leblanc gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 24 September 2021 at 04:42:21 UTC, rikki cattermole 
wrote:
 The link will be added closer to the time (its immediately 
 available).

 From there, just use a compatible web browser.
**Perfect**, thanks for the info. Now I understand! Regards, James
Sep 23
prev sibling parent Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy gmail.com> writes:
On 9/24/21 12:35 AM, james.p.leblanc wrote:
 
 That sounds great!  Could you post a link to how someone can join the
 BeerConf?  A quick forum search produced only two hits, neither with 
 needed info.
Here is the wiki article, which describes what beerconf online is and how it works. https://wiki.dlang.org/Beerconf Hope to see you on there! -Steve
Sep 24
prev sibling parent reply Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw gdcproject.org> writes:
On Saturday, 11 September 2021 at 16:51:20 UTC, Steven 
Schveighoffer wrote:

Hi all, Beerconf is inviting you to a meeting. Join the meeting: https://meet.jit.si/Dlang2021SeptemberBeerConf Password: `-preview=dtorfields` **What is Beefconf?** [Follow this link](https://wiki.dlang.org/Beerconf). **How do I join?** You'll need to have a [compatible browser](https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/user-guide/supported-browsers) to connect to the meeting. Alternatively you can install jitsi-meet with [flatpak](https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.jitsi.jitsi-meet). **Wait, it's not Saturday?** Timezones are weird, right? **OK, so what do I do?** Join and [wear your Beerconf T-Shirt](https://www.zazzle.com/store/dlang_swag?rf=238129799288374326). See you all there!
Sep 25
next sibling parent Ethan <gooberman gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 07:14:58 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 Hi all,

 Beerconf is inviting you to a meeting.
BEERCONF
Sep 25
prev sibling parent reply Brian <bcallah openbsd.org> writes:
On Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 07:14:58 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 **What is Beefconf?**
What is Beefconf, indeed. Are we getting an additional online meetup this month? :) ~Brian
Sep 26
next sibling parent reply Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw gdcproject.org> writes:
On Sunday, 26 September 2021 at 18:05:08 UTC, Brian wrote:
 On Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 07:14:58 UTC, Iain Buclaw 
 wrote:
 **What is Beefconf?**
What is Beefconf, indeed. Are we getting an additional online meetup this month? :)
We'll also be starting up Beetconf as well. :-)
Sep 26
parent bauss <jj_1337 live.dk> writes:
On Sunday, 26 September 2021 at 18:53:01 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 On Sunday, 26 September 2021 at 18:05:08 UTC, Brian wrote:
 On Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 07:14:58 UTC, Iain Buclaw 
 wrote:
 **What is Beefconf?**
What is Beefconf, indeed. Are we getting an additional online meetup this month? :)
We'll also be starting up Beetconf as well. :-)
beef with beets, one of my favorite
Sep 29
prev sibling parent rikki cattermole <rikki cattermole.co.nz> writes:
On 27/09/2021 7:05 AM, Brian wrote:
 What is Beefconf, indeed. Are we getting an additional online meetup 
 this month? :)
Considering I was running polls about giving beef to dogs during BeerConf, I'm afraid that it has already passed. But maybe we can do something impromptu on Discord in like 5 hours if people want ;)
Sep 27