digitalmars.D.announce - A Client Server IDE for D

reply "BLS" <lietz wanadoo.fr> writes:
Gedanken Labs a Client/Server IDE for D
WHY :
I need a tool that:
-enables me to create a virtuelle company.
-enables my team to work together in real time using the internet.
-supports XP (at least parts of it)
-offers a better solution than CVS or something similar
-has builtin communication support

SOLUTION :
remarkeble simple. Why not choose a high performance Client/Server Database
engine instead of using CVS or ...
- small raw!! descrions of the ER model :
A Combine (workspace) can have several projects. A Project can belong to
several or none combines.
A project can have several Sub-projects.
A Subproject can have several files *.d, *.di, ... Each file can have
several history items.
(Whenever you save your changes a backup of the recent source will be made
and saved within the history table)

FEATURES : 1.0
Up to 3000 programmers can work together
Terabytes of code could be handled
Low speed ADSL connection is okay to query the database.
(Later I will also add bi-directional replication, so also offline work is
possible)
Programmer to Programmer Videoconferencing
Programmer to Programmer chat
Database is encrypted.
Datatransfer is encrypted.

STATUS QUO:
pre alpha.
anyway it is now possible to create progams using the IDE, the described
database-handling works.
Video-conferencing works.

PROBLEMS:
-Database
Harmonize the Groupware-Rights-Management with the
Database-Rights-Management
-Scintilla
Curious Minor Bug, Folding works but the Box(+) Unbox(-) symbols are
invisible
-Using the D Frontend with Ben Hinkles Stubs in order to do code analysis.
(f.e. outline functionality, d to xml ...)

OKEEDOKEE :
In case that somebody is interested in using this software I will give it
away for free.
I guess in june (this year<g>) I am able to offer you a stable release.
(Screenshots of the IDE and The ER (in fact a Merise -Model) will follow if
it is a matter of interest)
Any feedback, questions, ... are welcome.
Björn Lietz-Spendig
Feb 22 2006
Lets see 'em! If you could pull this off it would be cool :). Charlie "BLS" <lietz wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:dths3t$25tf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent reply Georg Wrede <georg.wrede nospam.org> writes:
Cool!

If you can pull this off, then it would be good for the entire D
community. But even more, it would be good for D itself and Walter!

Having this new kind of tools, and to top it off, written _in_ D, _for_
D, is bound to give D much welcomed PR!

Charles wrote:
[...]

parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Georg Wrede" <georg.wrede nospam.org> wrote in message
news:43FCFD35.8060809 nospam.org...
 Cool!

 If you can pull this off, then it would be good for the entire D
 community. But even more, it would be good for D itself and Walter!

 Having this new kind of tools, and to top it off, written _in_ D, _for_ D,
 is bound to give D much welcomed PR!
Yes, that's right!
Feb 23 2006