digitalmars.D - Database access

reply adi <adi_member pathlink.com> writes:
I've seen the graphical interfaces available for D.
Thank you for the tip.
How about database access.
It would be nice to have that. Is that possible?
Are there any docs about it?
If yes, then for what database?

Adi
Jul 07 2004
next sibling parent reply "David Barrett" <dbarrett quinthar.com> writes:
I haven't used it, but there appears to be a MySQL binding for Linux:

http://www.steinmole.de/d/

If you're on Windows, you could try interfacing via COM.  In my (very
limited) experience, I'm thinking it's easiest to write a simple C wrapper
and interface that into D, rather than accessing COM directly from D.  In
this way you don't have to bother with translating all the C .h files into D
modules; just write a C abstraction layer and translate that.

libs or object files that can be linked with D...

-david

"adi" <adi_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:ccihfp$3am$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I've seen the graphical interfaces available for D.
 Thank you for the tip.
 How about database access.
 It would be nice to have that. Is that possible?
 Are there any docs about it?
 If yes, then for what database?

 Adi
Jul 07 2004
parent adi <adi_member pathlink.com> writes:
Thank yout for now.
I will keep on looking

In article <ccilhm$9fk$1 digitaldaemon.com>, David Barrett says...
[...]

Jul 08 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Gold Dragon <dragonwing dragonu.net> writes:
adi wrote:

 I've seen the graphical interfaces available for D.
 Thank you for the tip.
 How about database access.
 It would be nice to have that. Is that possible?
 Are there any docs about it?
 If yes, then for what database?

 Adi
Some guy made a wrapper class for SQLite, is that good enough? If not then you can convert the MySQL C library or C++ library over to D.
Jul 08 2004
prev sibling parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
adi wrote:
 I've seen the graphical interfaces available for D.
 Thank you for the tip.
 How about database access.
 It would be nice to have that. Is that possible?
 Are there any docs about it?
 If yes, then for what database?

 Adi
There's a wiki page that lists some database bindings that have been created for D: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DatabaseBindings -- Justin (a/k/a jcc7) http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/