Matthew Wilson

Author: "Imperfect C++", Addison-Wesley, 2004
    (http://www.imperfectcplusplus.com)
Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
    (http://www.synesis.com.au/articles.html#columns)
Director, Synesis Software
    (www.synesis.com.au)
STLSoft moderator
    (http://www.stlsoft.org)

next sibling parent reply Mike Parker <aldacron71 yahoo.com> writes:
Matthew wrote:
 I was wondering what are peoples' recommendations for a preferred SF-friendly
 license. I don't like GPL, or anything restrictive like that.

 Are there things significantly better than the BSD or Mozilla licenses? Is
L/GPL
 good?

LGPL is just as restrictive as the GPL when it comes to static linkage, so that's something to consider. Users will be forced to link dynamically if they don't intend to release their source. I'm a big fan of BSD-style licenses meself.
Jun 10 2004
parent =?iso-8859-1?q?Knud_S=F8rensen?= <knud NetRunner.all-technology.com> writes:
The license you chose depend on how
you like others use your code.

GPL is for forcing every distributed modification to and use
of your code to be open source.
Here your insure that it is open source to all users of your code.

BSD here your want credit from uses of your code and it may not be open
source to all users.

I am a fan of double licensing GPL + Proprietary license.

Knud
Jun 12 2004