D - dmd 0.49 release

reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Doesn't fix all the reported bugs, but enough to make for a worthwhile
update.
Nov 18 2002
parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Walter wrote:
 www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

 Doesn't fix all the reported bugs, but enough to make for a worthwhile
 update.
\dmd\bin\sc.ini's LINKCMD line is wrong; it should be: LINKCMD=% P%\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe You're trying to execute a directory in the current version. :-) Windows also chafed at the quotation marks. Also, dmc.zip still contains the broken lib.exe 7.6B3n; it says that "Error: a library file must be named". dmdalpha.zip has the right version. Everything otherwise works great.
Nov 18 2002
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:arcens$29e6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 \dmd\bin\sc.ini's LINKCMD line is wrong; it should be:
      LINKCMD=% P%\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe
Fixed. That's what I get for using a different one for my own development.
 Also, dmc.zip still contains the broken lib.exe 7.6B3n; it says that
 "Error: a library file must be named".  dmdalpha.zip has the right
version. The old lib isn't broken, it's just that I finally got sick of the old microsoft-compatible command line, which was unfriendly to makefiles, and wrote a cleaner alternative (which will still handle the old scheme for backwards compatibility). DMC will be updated the next go-round.
 Everything otherwise works great.
Good!
Nov 18 2002