D - timezone

reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
Not really D, but since it is able to interface with C libraries...

When I was writing the daytime server sample in D, I first tried
to use the gmtime() function... and came to the interesting fact
that D sets the _timezone variable according to PST, and _daylight
to 0. I mostly used Borland C++ before, which automatically
retrieves this stuff from the OS and fills the variables with
proper values - in my case, for example, it's GMT+3 and _daylight=1.
Why not do the same in DMC time library?
"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:a1084f$2hfe$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Not really D, but since it is able to interface with C libraries...

 When I was writing the daytime server sample in D, I first tried
 to use the gmtime() function... and came to the interesting fact
 that D sets the _timezone variable according to PST, and _daylight
 to 0. I mostly used Borland C++ before, which automatically
 retrieves this stuff from the OS and fills the variables with
 proper values - in my case, for example, it's GMT+3 and _daylight=1.
 Why not do the same in DMC time library?
Doesn't everyone live on the west coast? <g>
Jan 02 2002
next sibling parent "Robert W. Cunningham" <rwc_2001 yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:

 "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
 news:a1084f$2hfe$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Not really D, but since it is able to interface with C libraries...

 When I was writing the daytime server sample in D, I first tried
 to use the gmtime() function... and came to the interesting fact
 that D sets the _timezone variable according to PST, and _daylight
 to 0. I mostly used Borland C++ before, which automatically
 retrieves this stuff from the OS and fills the variables with
 proper values - in my case, for example, it's GMT+3 and _daylight=1.
 Why not do the same in DMC time library?
Doesn't everyone live on the west coast? <g>
Maybe, I don't know: I live on the Left Coast. ;^) -BobC
Jan 02 2002
prev sibling parent Russell Borogove <kaleja estarcion.com> writes:
Walter wrote:

 "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
 news:a1084f$2hfe$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Not really D, but since it is able to interface with C libraries...

When I was writing the daytime server sample in D, I first tried
to use the gmtime() function... and came to the interesting fact
that D sets the _timezone variable according to PST, and _daylight
to 0. I mostly used Borland C++ before, which automatically
retrieves this stuff from the OS and fills the variables with
proper values - in my case, for example, it's GMT+3 and _daylight=1.
Why not do the same in DMC time library?
Doesn't everyone live on the west coast? <g>
All the important people do, Walter, so don't worry about it. -Russell B, San Francisco, CA
Jan 02 2002