www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - DMD 1.00 - here it is!

reply Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip
Jan 02 2007
next sibling parent reply Kyle Furlong <kylefurlong gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

/me throws party! On a more serious note, #D would like to know if people can help with serving the file? Many of us have bandwidth for you to use if you want it.
Jan 02 2007
next sibling parent reply Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Kyle Furlong wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

/me throws party! On a more serious note, #D would like to know if people can help with serving the file? Many of us have bandwidth for you to use if you want it.

I think Jan's server is holding up well. So far today, traffic is 10x normal.
Jan 02 2007
parent reply Tyler Knott <tywebmail mailcity.com> writes:
 I think Jan's server is holding up well. So far today, traffic is 10x 
 normal.

The server may be, but the bandwidth isn't. Right now I'm getting ~10 Kb/s downloading dmd.1.00.zip
Jan 02 2007
parent reply Tom S <h3r3tic remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> writes:
Tyler Knott wrote:
 
 I think Jan's server is holding up well. So far today, traffic is 10x 
 normal.

The server may be, but the bandwidth isn't. Right now I'm getting ~10 Kb/s downloading dmd.1.00.zip

10Kb/s ? :o woaah, lucky one :P
Jan 02 2007
next sibling parent Kyle Furlong <kylefurlong gmail.com> writes:
Tom S wrote:
 Tyler Knott wrote:
 I think Jan's server is holding up well. So far today, traffic is 10x 
 normal.

The server may be, but the bandwidth isn't. Right now I'm getting ~10 Kb/s downloading dmd.1.00.zip

10Kb/s ? :o woaah, lucky one :P

I've been pleasantly suprised at the robustness of the server, however as others have stated, the throughput is abysmal. On my parents cable I got 2K/s on average.
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling parent reply Tyler Knott <tywebmail mailcity.com> writes:
Tom S wrote:
 Tyler Knott wrote:
 I think Jan's server is holding up well. So far today, traffic is 10x 
 normal.

The server may be, but the bandwidth isn't. Right now I'm getting ~10 Kb/s downloading dmd.1.00.zip

10Kb/s ? :o woaah, lucky one :P

I was downloading it to my shared web hosting (which presumably has tons of downstream bandwidth) for easy mirroring, though because DMD is copyrighted by Walter I won't make my mirror public without his permission. P.S.: The MD5sum of dmd.1.00.zip is d237f95ed2c576438e0252b890e83075 in case you want to verify any mirrors that sprout up.
Jan 02 2007
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Tyler Knott wrote:
 Tom S wrote:
 Tyler Knott wrote:
 I think Jan's server is holding up well. So far today, traffic is 
 10x normal.

The server may be, but the bandwidth isn't. Right now I'm getting ~10 Kb/s downloading dmd.1.00.zip

10Kb/s ? :o woaah, lucky one :P

I was downloading it to my shared web hosting (which presumably has tons of downstream bandwidth) for easy mirroring, though because DMD is copyrighted by Walter I won't make my mirror public without his permission. P.S.: The MD5sum of dmd.1.00.zip is d237f95ed2c576438e0252b890e83075 in case you want to verify any mirrors that sprout up.

I just like to keep a count of the number of downloads. If there are a bunch of mirrors, it starts getting hard to keep track of. Also, dmd gets updated frequently, and I'd like to make sure that people downloading new versions are getting the latest one, not an old one from a mirror that has been overlooked. But obviously a mirror would help for the moment. Could you stick one up just for the next couple of days?
Jan 02 2007
next sibling parent reply Tyler Knott <tywebmail mailcity.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Tyler Knott wrote:
 
 I just like to keep a count of the number of downloads. If there are a 
 bunch of mirrors, it starts getting hard to keep track of. Also, dmd 
 gets updated frequently, and I'd like to make sure that people 
 downloading new versions are getting the latest one, not an old one from 
 a mirror that has been overlooked.
 
 But obviously a mirror would help for the moment. Could you stick one up 
 just for the next couple of days?

Alright, here's the mirror of DMD 1.0 and the latest DMC, with a hit counter: http://mrradar.dreamhosters.com/public/dmd/ I've got several hundered gigs of bandwidth this month so I'm safe as far as that goes.
Jan 02 2007
parent reply BCS <nothing pathlink.com> writes:
Tyler Knott wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 Tyler Knott wrote:

 I just like to keep a count of the number of downloads. If there are a 
 bunch of mirrors, it starts getting hard to keep track of. Also, dmd 
 gets updated frequently, and I'd like to make sure that people 
 downloading new versions are getting the latest one, not an old one 
 from a mirror that has been overlooked.

 But obviously a mirror would help for the moment. Could you stick one 
 up just for the next couple of days?

Alright, here's the mirror of DMD 1.0 and the latest DMC, with a hit counter: http://mrradar.dreamhosters.com/public/dmd/ I've got several hundered gigs of bandwidth this month so I'm safe as far as that goes.

I'm getting blank files for DMD (might be my connection though)
Jan 02 2007
parent Tyler Knott <tywebmail mailcity.com> writes:
 
 I'm getting blank files for DMD (might be my connection though)

Jan 02 2007
prev sibling parent reply Charles D Hixson <charleshixsn earthlink.net> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Tyler Knott wrote:
 Tom S wrote:
 Tyler Knott wrote:
 I think Jan's server is holding up well. So far today, traffic is 
 10x normal.

The server may be, but the bandwidth isn't. Right now I'm getting ~10 Kb/s downloading dmd.1.00.zip

10Kb/s ? :o woaah, lucky one :P

I was downloading it to my shared web hosting (which presumably has tons of downstream bandwidth) for easy mirroring, though because DMD is copyrighted by Walter I won't make my mirror public without his permission. P.S.: The MD5sum of dmd.1.00.zip is d237f95ed2c576438e0252b890e83075 in case you want to verify any mirrors that sprout up.

I just like to keep a count of the number of downloads. If there are a bunch of mirrors, it starts getting hard to keep track of. Also, dmd gets updated frequently, and I'd like to make sure that people downloading new versions are getting the latest one, not an old one from a mirror that has been overlooked. But obviously a mirror would help for the moment. Could you stick one up just for the next couple of days?

several partial downloads on this version. (Most of them have been around 12MB, so it may be upstream caches which wouldn't affect the hit counts, but a few have been sizable, over half the published size. One was all but 6MB. )
Jan 03 2007
parent reply BCS <nothing pathlink.com> writes:
Charles D Hixson wrote:
 I'm not sure the hit counts can be trusted.  I've gotten several partial 
 downloads on this version.  (Most of them have been around 12MB, so it 
 may be upstream caches which wouldn't affect the hit counts, but a few 
 have been sizable, over half the published size.  One was all but 6MB.
 )

Huh? dmd.1.00.zip is only 4MB?
Jan 03 2007
next sibling parent Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
BCS wrote:
 Charles D Hixson wrote:
 I'm not sure the hit counts can be trusted.  I've gotten several 
 partial downloads on this version.  (Most of them have been around 
 12MB, so it may be upstream caches which wouldn't affect the hit 
 counts, but a few have been sizable, over half the published size.  
 One was all but 6MB.
 )

Huh? dmd.1.00.zip is only 4MB?

Yup. Sean
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling parent Charles D Hixson <charleshixsn earthlink.net> writes:
BCS wrote:
 Charles D Hixson wrote:
 I'm not sure the hit counts can be trusted.  I've gotten several 
 partial downloads on this version.  (Most of them have been around 
 12MB, so it may be upstream caches which wouldn't affect the hit 
 counts, but a few have been sizable, over half the published size.  
 One was all but 6MB.
 )

Huh? dmd.1.00.zip is only 4MB?

Jan 05 2007
prev sibling parent Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Walter Bright wrote:

 Tyler Knott wrote:
 Tom S wrote:
 Tyler Knott wrote:
 
 I think Jan's server is holding up well. So far today, traffic is 10x
 normal.

The server may be, but the bandwidth isn't. Right now I'm getting ~10 Kb/s downloading dmd.1.00.zip

10Kb/s ? :o woaah, lucky one :P

I was downloading it to my shared web hosting (which presumably has tons of downstream bandwidth) for easy mirroring, though because DMD is copyrighted by Walter I won't make my mirror public without his permission. P.S.: The MD5sum of dmd.1.00.zip is d237f95ed2c576438e0252b890e83075 in case you want to verify any mirrors that sprout up.

I just like to keep a count of the number of downloads. If there are a bunch of mirrors, it starts getting hard to keep track of. Also, dmd gets updated frequently, and I'd like to make sure that people downloading new versions are getting the latest one, not an old one from a mirror that has been overlooked. But obviously a mirror would help for the moment. Could you stick one up just for the next couple of days?

I'll be able to give you stats from the s3 urls I just posted and it's bandwidth is somewhat unlimited (at least on D community scales). And of course I'll nix old versions as they become obsolete. Feel free to use the s3 link as the primary one on the digitalmars/d website if you like. Later, Brad
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Witold Baryluk <baryluk mpi.int.pl> writes:
Dnia Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:37:42 -0800
Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> napisa=B3/a:

=20
=20
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
=20
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Great to hear this news. Historic day. :) Lots of bugfixes, i was prepared for more. But even this is good. BTW. Walter, didn't you think about setting mirror of site (downloading is quite slow). --=20 Witold Baryluk MAIL: baryluk smp.if.uj.edu.pl, baryluk mpi.int.pl JID: movax jabber.autocom.pl
Jan 02 2007
next sibling parent Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
I highly suggest using amazon's s3 as the mirror.  Sure, it's not free, 
but it's darned cheap and easy to use.  If I was home where my uid and 
password were I'd go ahead and get it available.  I'll do that tomorrow 
night when I get there.

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Witold Baryluk wrote:

 Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 05:42:58 +0100
 From: Witold Baryluk <baryluk mpi.int.pl>
 Reply-To: digitalmars.D.announce <digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com>
 To: digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com
 Newsgroups: digitalmars.D.announce
 Subject: Re: DMD 1.00 - here it is!
 
 Dnia Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:37:42 -0800
 Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> napisa?/a:
 
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Great to hear this news. Historic day. :) Lots of bugfixes, i was prepared for more. But even this is good. BTW. Walter, didn't you think about setting mirror of site (downloading is quite slow). -- Witold Baryluk MAIL: baryluk smp.if.uj.edu.pl, baryluk mpi.int.pl JID: movax jabber.autocom.pl

Jan 02 2007
prev sibling parent Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
Ok, I remembered how to get my account info and have uploaded the file to 
s3.  Two urls.  If you can use bittorrent:

     http://s3.amazonaws.com/puremagic/dmd.1.00.zip?torrent

Or, if not:

     http://s3.amazonaws.com/puremagic/dmd.1.00.zip

Later,
Brad

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Brad Roberts wrote:

 I highly suggest using amazon's s3 as the mirror.  Sure, it's not free, 
 but it's darned cheap and easy to use.  If I was home where my uid and 
 password were I'd go ahead and get it available.  I'll do that tomorrow 
 night when I get there.
 
 On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Witold Baryluk wrote:
 
 Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 05:42:58 +0100
 From: Witold Baryluk <baryluk mpi.int.pl>
 Reply-To: digitalmars.D.announce <digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com>
 To: digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com
 Newsgroups: digitalmars.D.announce
 Subject: Re: DMD 1.00 - here it is!
 
 Dnia Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:37:42 -0800
 Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> napisa?/a:
 
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Great to hear this news. Historic day. :) Lots of bugfixes, i was prepared for more. But even this is good. BTW. Walter, didn't you think about setting mirror of site (downloading is quite slow). -- Witold Baryluk MAIL: baryluk smp.if.uj.edu.pl, baryluk mpi.int.pl JID: movax jabber.autocom.pl


Jan 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent "Chris Miller" <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
Congratulations!

I think we need some mirrors for dmd.1.00.zip; don't want all of  
digitalmars.com dead slow.
Should probably also mirror DMC.

- Chris
www.dprogramming.com
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Tom S <h3r3tic remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

w00t! You're the man, Walter ! I could also do some mirroring for dmd and dmc btw :) -- Tomasz Stachowiak
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Chris Nicholson-Sauls <ibisbasenji gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

I've got the Chartreuse out and toasting it as we "speak". :) Heck of an update even had it been without the one-point-oh moniker, though! (Insert recurring Walter-squash-bugs jokes here.) Let's see if this momentum carries. And what will happen now in library land! -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls
Jan 02 2007
next sibling parent reply Kyle Furlong <kylefurlong gmail.com> writes:
Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

I've got the Chartreuse out and toasting it as we "speak". :) Heck of an update even had it been without the one-point-oh moniker, though! (Insert recurring Walter-squash-bugs jokes here.) Let's see if this momentum carries. And what will happen now in library land! -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls

We shall dance the _Tango_ all decade long.
Jan 02 2007
parent Chris Nicholson-Sauls <ibisbasenji gmail.com> writes:
Kyle Furlong wrote:
 Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

I've got the Chartreuse out and toasting it as we "speak". :) Heck of an update even had it been without the one-point-oh moniker, though! (Insert recurring Walter-squash-bugs jokes here.) Let's see if this momentum carries. And what will happen now in library land! -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls

We shall dance the _Tango_ all decade long.

And eat _Cashew_s and _Mango_s for energy. ;) -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling parent Tom S <h3r3tic remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> writes:
Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
 I've got the Chartreuse out and toasting it as we "speak".  :)  Heck of 
 an update even had it been without the one-point-oh moniker, though!  
 (Insert recurring Walter-squash-bugs jokes here.)

Good point ! I dug out some Sheridan's for the occasion :-D
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Brad Anderson <brad dsource.org> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Walter, Heartfelt congratulations from your friends at dsource.org! I hope the mirror is okay... Mirror: ftp://63.99.9.206/dmd.1.00.zip BA
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Chris Miller" <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
std.compiler
     uint version_major =3D 0;
     uint version_minor =3D 176;	/// ditto

Whoops.
Jan 02 2007
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Chris Miller wrote:
 std.compiler
     uint version_major = 0;
     uint version_minor = 176;    /// ditto
 
 Whoops.

There's always something I miss. :-(
Jan 02 2007
parent Frits van Bommel <fvbommel REMwOVExCAPSs.nl> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Chris Miller wrote:
 std.compiler
     uint version_major = 0;
     uint version_minor = 176;    /// ditto

 Whoops.

There's always something I miss. :-(

This one seems to be recurring though... Maybe you should automate it?
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
I guess in Walter-speak, "not ready yet" means "give me 4 more hours or 
so."  Congratulations!  I know it's been a long road, and it must feel 
wonderful to have this release out the door.  Here's to many more years 
of D! :-)


Sean
Jan 02 2007
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Sean Kelly wrote:
 I guess in Walter-speak, "not ready yet" means "give me 4 more hours or 
 so."  Congratulations!  I know it's been a long road, and it must feel 
 wonderful to have this release out the door.  Here's to many more years 
 of D! :-)

It's only just begun. There's so much more cool stuff to do!
Jan 02 2007
parent Georg Wrede <georg nospam.org> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Sean Kelly wrote:
 
 I guess in Walter-speak, "not ready yet" means "give me 4 more hours 
 or so."


My words exactly!! Congratulations, Walter!!!!!
 It's only just begun. There's so much more cool stuff to do!

Yess!! Music to the ears!! "D's not a killer language. It's a serial killer language!"
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Ivan Senji <ivan.senji gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

1.00 Jeeeee!
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Chris Nicholson-Sauls <ibisbasenji gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

So... who is going to start the dzone/digg/slashdot/blogging/journaling campaign? ;) -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls
Jan 02 2007
parent Kyle Furlong <kylefurlong gmail.com> writes:
Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

So... who is going to start the dzone/digg/slashdot/blogging/journaling campaign? ;) -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls

So yesterdays articles were just the pre-release party? :-/
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

hurray! Ant
Jan 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent John Reimer <terminal.node gmail.com> writes:
Congrats, Walter.  Thank you for sticking to it through thick and
thin.

-JJR
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent "Christian Kamm" <kamm nospam.de> writes:
Good news!

The note about it not being supported for linux dmd is gone from the  
download page, so I did a very small test: it works! Cheers to Walter!

It's not listed on the changelog though... maybe there are some issues  
remaining? Or was it just a surprise change?

Christian
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Ary Manzana <ary esperanto.org.ar> writes:
Walter Bright escribió:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Greeeaaat!!! Thanks for outputing the imports on the -v flag. It will make some things really much more easier. However, I tried compiling this file with "dmd -v main.d": main.d ------ # import std.stdio; # import a; # # void main() { } (a.d contains "module a;") and I get this in the output: c:\dmd\programas>dmd -v main.d
 parse     main
 semantic  main
 semantic2 main
 semantic3 main
 code      main
 generating code for function 'main'
 c:\dmd\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe main,,,user32+kernel32/noi;

The imports are not getting printed. Am I doing something wrong? I also tried compiling with "dmd -v -v1 main.d" and the same happens. BTW, what is the "v1" for? Thanks, Ary
Jan 03 2007
next sibling parent reply Alexander Panek <a.panek brainsware.org> writes:
Ary Manzana wrote:
 I also tried compiling with "dmd -v -v1 main.d" and the same happens. 
 BTW, what is the "v1" for?

-v1 is for Version 1 specification usage. So you definitely use the version 1 of D/DMD.
 Thanks,
 Ary

Jan 03 2007
parent Frits van Bommel <fvbommel REMwOVExCAPSs.nl> writes:
Alexander Panek wrote:
 -v1 is for Version 1 specification usage. So you definitely use the 
 version 1 of D/DMD.

Well, -v1 was added back in v0.174, so the fact the compiler accepts -v1 without error doesn't mean it's actually >= v1.00 of the compiler... And there were language changes made in v0.175 is(== super), v0.177 (.ptr requirement for array --> ptr conversion and others) and v0.178 (nested array literal semantics and empty-';' disallowed). IIRC those versions didn't treat -v1 as an error, so accepting -v1 doesn't actually guarantee the compiler implements the version-1 feature set...
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling parent reply Frits van Bommel <fvbommel REMwOVExCAPSs.nl> writes:
Ary Manzana wrote:
 Thanks for outputing the imports on the -v flag. It will make some 
 things really much more easier.
 
 However, I tried compiling this file with "dmd -v main.d":
 
 main.d
 ------
 # import std.stdio;
 # import a;
 #
 # void main() { }
 
 (a.d contains "module a;")
 
 and I get this in the output:
 
 c:\dmd\programas>dmd -v main.d
  > parse     main
  > semantic  main
  > semantic2 main
  > semantic3 main
  > code      main
  > generating code for function 'main'
  > c:\dmd\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe main,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
 
 The imports are not getting printed. Am I doing something wrong?

It works for me: ----- urxae urxae:~/tmp$ cat test.d import std.stdio; import a; void main() { } urxae urxae:~/tmp$ dmd -v test.d parse test semantic test import object import std.stdio import std.c.stdio import std.c.stddef import std.c.stdarg import std.format import std.stdarg import std.utf import std.c.stdlib import std.c.string import std.string import std.uni import std.array import std.ctype import a test.d(2): module a cannot read file 'a.d' ----- (This is on Linux) That last line is to be expected, of course ;) So either this is a Windows-only bug (the header of your post indicates it was made from Windows) or you didn't correctly install v1.00...
 I also tried compiling with "dmd -v -v1 main.d" and the same happens. 
 BTW, what is the "v1" for?

-v1 is what you pass to future DMD versions if you want a stable set of features, i.e. it should disable all features added after this release. So, right now it shouldn't do a thing :).
Jan 03 2007
parent Ary Manzana <ary esperanto.org.ar> writes:
Frits van Bommel escribió:
 Ary Manzana wrote:
 Thanks for outputing the imports on the -v flag. It will make some 
 things really much more easier.

 However, I tried compiling this file with "dmd -v main.d":

 main.d
 ------
 # import std.stdio;
 # import a;
 #
 # void main() { }

 (a.d contains "module a;")

 and I get this in the output:

 c:\dmd\programas>dmd -v main.d
  > parse     main
  > semantic  main
  > semantic2 main
  > semantic3 main
  > code      main
  > generating code for function 'main'
  > c:\dmd\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe main,,,user32+kernel32/noi;

 The imports are not getting printed. Am I doing something wrong?

It works for me: ----- urxae urxae:~/tmp$ cat test.d import std.stdio; import a; void main() { } urxae urxae:~/tmp$ dmd -v test.d parse test semantic test import object import std.stdio import std.c.stdio import std.c.stddef import std.c.stdarg import std.format import std.stdarg import std.utf import std.c.stdlib import std.c.string import std.string import std.uni import std.array import std.ctype import a test.d(2): module a cannot read file 'a.d' ----- (This is on Linux) That last line is to be expected, of course ;) So either this is a Windows-only bug (the header of your post indicates it was made from Windows) or you didn't correctly install v1.00...

Has anyone else had the same problem?
Jan 04 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Daniel919 <Daniel919 web.de> writes:
Great, so much bugfixes. Even my one (#749) got fixed, in about 1 week. That's
better than in most commercial products ;)

Thanks Walter, please keep up your awesome work.

Best regards,
Daniel
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Lutger <lutger.blijdestijn gmail.com> writes:
Wow that was a short delay! Congratulations and many thanks to Walter 
and everybody that contributed to D for such a wonderful programming 
experience!
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright escribió:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Congrats and thanks! -- Carlos Santander Bernal
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Max Samukha <samukha voliacable.com> writes:
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:37:42 -0800, Walter Bright
<newshound digitalmars.com> wrote:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Thanks! That is a big inspiration
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Charlie <charlies nowhere.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Hoorah!
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Mark Wrenn <mark binarytheory.com> writes:
Congratulations Walter!  Many thanks to you and the D community for
creating such a great language.

Mark
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Pragma <ericanderton yahoo.removeme.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Congrats Walter, and thank you for D! ... so, what's next? -- - EricAnderton at yahoo
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply bobef <be lessequal_dontspam.com> writes:
Now is the time to update all D(source) projects to the latest D 
version. Really!
Jan 03 2007
parent Pragma <ericanderton yahoo.removeme.com> writes:
bobef wrote:
 Now is the time to update all D(source) projects to the latest D 
 version. Really!

Oh man. What a frenzy of activity that is going to be. I can see the log file now: 1/3/2007 1:53PM EST - 200 OK /index.php - 192.168.4.54 1/3/2007 2:00PM EST - 200 OK /index.php - 192.168.25.108 1/3/2007 2:01PM EST - 500 Flagrant System Error - Computer Over=Very Yes Brad, time to turn the server room temp down a few degrees! -- - EricAnderton at yahoo
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Tom <tom nospam.com> writes:
I feel nothing but joy!! An immense joy!!!!
Congratulations and thank you very very much!!

--
Tom;
- Tomás Andrés Rossi -
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Walter Bright escribió:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent "Bob W" <nospam aol.com> writes:
Was about to turn off my computer
but then - big surprise - found 1.0 much
earlier than anticipated.

Congrats! Good luck for your next steps!
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent David Medlock <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:

 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

*Raises glass* Heres to you Walter! All that is left is to convince the masses whose brains have been hopelessly addled by C++ to adopt!! Thanks again for all your work on D. -DavidM
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent kris <fu bar.org> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

That's good news -- congratulations!
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message 
news:enfc29$2pbo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Yes!
Jan 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent "Txarli" <basura txarli.com> writes:
Congratulations Walter.

Thankyou

"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> escribió en el mensaje 
news:enfc29$2pbo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip 

Jan 04 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Samuel MV <samuel jxdesigner.com> writes:
Thank you, Walter, ... and congratulations to everybody!!! :D

Walter Bright escribió:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Jan 04 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent jicman <cabrera__ __wrc.xerox.com> writes:
As we say in the Hispanic Community,

FELICIDADES TO ALL D PROGRAMMERS.

Oh yeah, and Walter too. :-)

What a happy new 2007, huh?

Gracias, Walter!

josé
Jan 04 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent zz <zz zz.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

Congrats, To you and the community. Zz
Jan 04 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent "Andrey Khropov" <andkhropov_nosp m_mtu-net.ru> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:

 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

That's great! Thank you very much! Keep up the good work! --
Jan 04 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Daniel Keep <daniel.keep+lists gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

A big congratulations and many thanks to you, Walter. D's got a long road ahead of it, but this is the first big stake in the ground. Perfect song: "Movin' Up" by Dreamworld. ;-) Here's to many more years of success for D, and its' community. *tips glass* -- Daniel
Jan 05 2007
prev sibling parent "Tomas Lindquist Olsen" <tomas famolsen.dk> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:

 
 
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
 
 http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.00.zip

A bit late (was celebrating new years in Brazil) but very much congratulations on this milestone release. I've not been with the D community for that long, but all I've seen so far has been very impressive. Nice work Walter and all you other D fanatics :) --
Jan 08 2007