digitalmars.D.announce - wxD 0.07 released

reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
0.07 Changelog:
Updated imports for DMD 0.164 ("public")
Moved all config files to a sub-directory
Fixed MSW issue with Update/UpdateContext
Now compiles with D warnings enabled too

http://wxd.sourceforge.net/

This release (Alpha 7) also fixes the DMD
problems, with programs "just quitting".

Thanks to all who helped troubleshooting
this on Windows (it also works with MinGW)

Decided on another wxD alpha after this one,
in order to add the STC/Scintilla ctrl too.

--anders
Aug 27 2006
parent reply "BLS" <lietz wanadoo.fr> writes:
Hi Anders,
Indeed, you did a great job.
I am just wondering what tool(s) do you use to create the C wrapper
functions. SWIG, hand made ?
I  really appreciate that you will spend time on stc/scintilla. IMO quit
important in order to implement a platform independent IDE, because OGL and
AUI are also very important for this behaviour : Can we expect the announced
OGL and AUI support within 1.0 ?

Bjoern

"Anders F Björklund" <afb algonet.se> schreef in bericht
news:ecrk1d$2a0g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 0.07 Changelog:
 Updated imports for DMD 0.164 ("public")
 Moved all config files to a sub-directory
 Fixed MSW issue with Update/UpdateContext
 Now compiles with D warnings enabled too

 http://wxd.sourceforge.net/

 This release (Alpha 7) also fixes the DMD
 problems, with programs "just quitting".

 Thanks to all who helped troubleshooting
 this on Windows (it also works with MinGW)

 Decided on another wxD alpha after this one,
 in order to add the STC/Scintilla ctrl too.

 --anders
Aug 27 2006
parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
BLS wrote:

 Indeed, you did a great job.
Most of the great work is in wxWidgets itself, but glad you like it! As with all similar open source, this (wxD) has been a group effort.
The C wrappers were ported over from wx.NET, where they were generated by hand with some perl script support. SWIG was planned, but not done. http://wxnet.sourceforge.net/contrib.html
Making an IDE is not a goal for the wxD project, since there is already a great wx IDE released under GPL license in the Code::Blocks project ? http://www.codeblocks.org/ (get the Nightly)
 because OGL and AUI are also very important for this behaviour :
 Can we  expect the announced OGL and AUI support within 1.0 ?
STC will be in 1.0 since it is a) half-done and b) integrated into API. The contribs OGL and AUI can be added afterwards, without breakage... --anders
Aug 27 2006
next sibling parent reply "BLS" <lietz wanadoo.fr> writes:
Hi Anders,

"Anders F Björklund" <afb algonet.se> schreef in bericht
news:ecscvk$2v42$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Making an IDE is not a goal for the wxD project, since there is already
 --anders
Well, this is what I would like to do using D / wxD OR C++ / wxWidgets because I need a platform independent realtime Client/Server IDE (a Windows only prototyp is allready alive). Kind regards, Bjoern
BLS wrote:

Making an IDE is not a goal for the wxD project, since there is already
Well, this is what I would like to do using D / wxD OR C++ / wxWidgets because I need a platform independent realtime Client/Server IDE (a Windows only prototyp is allready alive).
I'm not opposed to using it, of course :-) Both OGL and AUI would make great additions. --anders
Aug 27 2006
parent "BLS" <lietz wanadoo.fr> writes:
Hi Anders,

"Anders F Björklund" <afb algonet.se> schreef in bericht
news:ecsrkp$1ver$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 I'm not opposed to using it, of course :-)
My current IDE is written in WINDEV. I guess you have never heard about that language. (a french dev. system which enables me to develop the prototyp in a fraction of time, f.i. the video conferencing modul within 1 hour, the database, which will be used instead of CVS,SVN etc. just takes 2 hours including socket- thread handling and data encryption... well the 4GL is simply shi.) But it is just prototyp, and after exchanging some emails with Agent Orange I have to recognize that this Software will never have the nessesary feedback within the D community.(even the prototyp) because it is not written in D. So I am a bit afraid to use C++/wxWidgets instead of D/wxD to implement the iDE. which is more natural due to the fact that the DMD Frontend is written in DMC. In fact I would prefer D/wxD, BUT . So Now you know why I am asking for aui, stc, and ogl support.<vbg>
 Both OGL and AUI would make great additions.
I would like to use OGL for several features in my IDE, showing module,project dependancies, Database ER models ....... just for quit anything that has to do with relations. AUI : simply every moder IDE should have it. Again thanks and carry on with your excellent work, kind regards Björn
Aug 27 2006
prev sibling parent reply negerns <negerns2000 gmail.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund wrote:
 http://www.codeblocks.org/ (get the Nightly)
I can only see a link to version 1.0RC2. Do you have a link where I can download the nightly builds?
Aug 28 2006
next sibling parent negerns <negerns2000 gmail.com> writes:
negerns wrote:
 Anders F Björklund wrote:
 http://www.codeblocks.org/ (get the Nightly)
I can only see a link to version 1.0RC2. Do you have a link where I can download the nightly builds?
Sorry. The nightly builds are announced in the forum and the link is provided there.
Aug 28 2006
prev sibling parent =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
negerns wrote:

 http://www.codeblocks.org/ (get the Nightly)
I can only see a link to version 1.0RC2. Do you have a link where I can download the nightly builds?
http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/ :-) http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?board=20.0 http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5358 --anders
Aug 28 2006