www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Arch dtools package missing dman

reply "simendsjo" <simendsjo gmail.com> writes:
A message for Dicebot (couldn't find the email address or other 
ways to contact him).

I also don't get why the tools are prefixed with `dtools-`. Are 
there many name clashes with other packages?
Feb 14 2014
next sibling parent "Dicebot" <public dicebot.lv> writes:
On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 16:31:13 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
 A message for Dicebot (couldn't find the email address or other 
 ways to contact him).

 I also don't get why the tools are prefixed with `dtools-`. Are 
 there many name clashes with other packages?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users lists valid contact mail ;) dman was not packaged because it seems superceded with `dmd -man` switch. Am I wrong? As for dtools- prefix - yes, some of tools have very generic names (like "detab"), wanted to be extra safe with name clashes. rdmd and dustmite have prefix-less aliases though. Does this cause any problems?
Feb 14 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "simendsjo" <simendsjo gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 16:36:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
(...)
 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users lists valid
 contact mail ;)

Ah.. Missed that one.
 dman was not packaged because it seems superceded with `dmd 
 -man`
 switch. Am I wrong?

You might be right, but dman still exists in the repo: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/master/dman.d Now I just have to resolve the `x-www-browser: No such file or directory` errormessage.
 As for dtools- prefix - yes, some of tools have very generic
 names (like "detab"), wanted to be extra safe with name clashes.
 rdmd and dustmite have prefix-less aliases though. Does this
 cause any problems?

No biggie - better to avoid clashes than having the same names on all systems.
Feb 14 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "simendsjo" <simendsjo gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 16:47:01 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
 On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 16:36:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
 (...)
 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users lists valid
 contact mail ;)

Ah.. Missed that one.
 dman was not packaged because it seems superceded with `dmd 
 -man`
 switch. Am I wrong?

You might be right,

Seems it will only open dlang.org https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/db477ee54ed05cc657f008a484eeecf1636bb7cd/src/mars.c#L1057 https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/e6b8ab6f94a827dff9b05ba2735bdc94a69f9be5/src/root/man.c#L36
Feb 14 2014
prev sibling parent "Dicebot" <public dicebot.lv> writes:
Please file an issue in https://github.com/Dicebot/Arch-PKGBUILDs 
, will check what can be improved here.
Feb 14 2014