digitalmars.D - D has not a debugger?

reply zergbird msn.com writes:
I'm a beginner of D and like it very much:)
But D hasn't a debugger?

If not, how can we debug the program?

Yicheng

Huang Yicheng
Jan 08 2005
next sibling parent Dawid =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Ci=EA=BFarkiewicz?= <arael fov.pl> writes:
zergbird msn.com wrote:

 I'm a beginner of D and like it very much:)
 But D hasn't a debugger?

 If not, how can we debug the program?

I'm linux user. Here is what I do. In normal debuging I use debug statements printing interesting things on cerr. I _always_ finds problms really quickly no matter how primitive this way is. When I've got a segfault I use gdb sometimes. But previous way is still working. Regards, -- Dawid Ciężarkiewicz | arael jid: arael fov.pl
Jan 08 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent "Asaf Karagila" <kas1 netvision.net.il> writes:
if you're using windows,
i suggest you to use OutputDebugStringA to output your code as strings,
use OllyDebugger or WinDbg, or some other free native debugger,
and that way you have the power of a native debugger, and a delimiter
between your code lines..

- Asaf.

prev sibling parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
zergbird msn.com wrote:

I'm a beginner of D and like it very much:)
But D hasn't a debugger?

If not, how can we debug the program?

Yicheng

Huang Yicheng

but we kinda run out of time and interest. If someone wants to pickup the flag and finish it off, by all-means. http://www.dsource.org/projects/digdug/ For anyone who wishes to contribute, ask brad to give you admin rights. PS - Its also possible to use visual studio as a debugger. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Jan 08 2005