D - Variable numbers of function parameters?

reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sigbj=F8rn_Lund_Olsen?= <sigbjorn lundolsen.net> writes:
How would I go about writing a function with a variable amount of
parameters, a la printf, and could I use it in an interface to tell the
derived classes that it had to implement a constructor with a variable
amount of parameters?

Cheers,
Sigbjørn Lund Olsen
Feb 25 2004
next sibling parent Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> writes:
Sigbjørn Lund Olsen wrote:

 How would I go about writing a function with a variable amount of
 parameters, a la printf, and could I use it in an interface to tell the
 derived classes that it had to implement a constructor with a variable
 amount of parameters?

 Cheers,
 Sigbjørn Lund Olsen
I believe that to write such a function, you need to do extern (C): and then implement it as you would in C. The other stuff is probably not possible, though I don't really know. Lars Ivar Igesund
Feb 25 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Sean Kelly <sean ffwd.cx> writes:
Sigbjørn Lund Olsen wrote:

 How would I go about writing a function with a variable amount of
 parameters, a la printf, and could I use it in an interface to tell the
 derived classes that it had to implement a constructor with a variable
 amount of parameters?
D doesn't currently support defaults or the (terrifying) "..." signifier. I'm not sure there's a way to do what you're asking. Sean
Feb 25 2004