D - Partial implementation of Interfaces (again)

reply "Andres Rodriguez" <rodriguez ai.sri.com> writes:
This is one of the main issues that stand between me and using
the language for more serious work.  I believe it is a huge problem
for developing OO programs.  I have not seen any resolution
coming out of the previous thread, so I am posting it again.  And
I am willing to settle for "this will get resolved at an undetermined
point in the future", but uncertainty on uncertainty is bad.

Cheers,

Andres
Feb 25 2004
 This is one of the main issues that stand between me and using
 the language for more serious work.  I believe it is a huge problem
 for developing OO programs.  I have not seen any resolution
 coming out of the previous thread, so I am posting it again.  And
 I am willing to settle for "this will get resolved at an undetermined
 point in the future", but uncertainty on uncertainty is bad.

 Cheers,

 Andres
I too think that this is an important feature. However, I think it is part of a larger feature set we need. We need something that gives us something like C++ double inheritance (where you can actually source functionality & member data from multiple sources), but without all of the complexities of C++ double inheritance. So my argument is that we need a more general solution that would give use partial implementation on interfaces AND everything else.
Feb 25 2004
parent reply "Andres Rodriguez" <rodriguez ai.sri.com> writes:
I see what you are saying, but at this point I settle for less.  And I
would be interested in your views about how to achieve "C++ double
inheritance (...) but without all of  the complexities of C++ double
inheritance".
Within all my ignorance, I see that goal hard to achieve.  I have heard
marvelous things about Eiffel multiple inheritance but don't know
much about it.