D - Announce: Linux Editor for D (alpha usable)

reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
leds is finally usable

get it at
http://ca.geocities.com/leds_editor/index.html

here are the features:

    * sintax highlight
    * autoindentation (simple)
    * parenteses matching
    * jump to mathing parenteses
    * jump to line
    * line, column and total lines display
    * project management (simple but effective)
    * compile and run from within leds
    * on editor compilation errors messages
      (limited but very usefull already)
    * output capture independent for each execution

except:

    * source code browsing and code completion
    * replace (just use find and paste in the new text)
    * reopen files automatic on start up
      (but, why would you shut down leds anyway?)

todo:

    * setup and execute user system commands
    * allow system commands to be typed on the output pane
    * automatic reopen files left open on last closing down

here is a warning:
DO NOT USE THE CONFIGURATION DIRECTORY AND FILE SELECT BUTTONS
AS THEY WILL CRASH leds

Ant
Oct 25 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew-hat -stlsoft-dot.-org> writes:
Ant

"To have a windows version of leds we just need that the D libraries
implement the directory read so that leds can "see" what's on your project
tree structure"

What do you mean by the directory read? Would recls (http://recls.org/) work
for this? (I assume it would)

"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bnfjq3$2lrh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bnfor8$2sfl$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...
Ant

"To have a windows version of leds we just need that the D libraries
implement the directory read so that leds can "see" what's on your project
tree structure"

What do you mean by the directory read? Would recls (http://recls.org/) work
for this? (I assume it would)
That's it! (I was going to use "dirent" or "dir scan" but "directory read" got in...) I'll use it when we all agree that's the way to go. Also I'm not in a hurry to release a windows version 'cause I don't want to upset Charles (you know, to me leds looks better then DIDE ;) I'm not sure I had started leds if DIDE or dedit could run on Linux. in leds I included my version of dirent and dir read and... the one I posted here, it has a note saying that's not public to discourage people from use it, as probably it's not the way D lib way go. Ant
Oct 25 2003
next sibling parent reply davepermen <davepermen_member pathlink.com> writes:
Also I'm not in a hurry to release a windows version 'cause I don't
want to upset Charles (you know, to me leds looks better then DIDE ;)
I'm not sure I had started leds if DIDE or dedit could run on Linux.
i'd like to see a windows version for exactly that reason. i like DIDE, but it doesn't fit my needs perfectly, and doesn't advance fast.. and the other advantage of an editor that works on linux and windows: project file formats would be the same, so we could use it on sf.net, and compile both on windows and linux with the very same files:D
Oct 26 2003
parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bng6q0$f9i$1 digitaldaemon.com>, davepermen says...
 i like DIDE, but it
doesn't fit my needs perfectly,
well, leds is open source ;)
 and doesn't advance fast..
well, leds is open source ;) Ant
Oct 26 2003
lol, leds looks great! If thats keeping you back dont let it, Ive been trying to do more work with D anyway, and to have an editor built in D thats terrific! C "Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message news:bnfqmd$2ut0$1 digitaldaemon.com...