D - Propose for "D applications" forum

reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
Allow me to propose a split of this forum:

D applications

then all the DUI, DIDE, dig ... would be move there.
On the main D forum we would allow announcements for those.

for instance many people are not interested in DUI.
I for sure have very little interest for windows centric applications
that are not open source.

the D forum is getting clogged with things that maybe don't belong there.

(There was a proposal by John Boucher for a
Programming language ideas forum
that nobody seems of no interest for the community)

Ant
Sep 21 2003
next sibling parent Benji Smith <dlanguage xxagg.com> writes:
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:35:08 +0000 (UTC), Ant
Allow me to propose a split of this forum:

D applications

then all the DUI, DIDE, dig ... would be move there.
On the main D forum we would allow announcements for those.

for instance many people are not interested in DUI.
I for sure have very little interest for windows centric applications
that are not open source.

the D forum is getting clogged with things that maybe don't belong there.
I think this will be solved soon enough, when I launch the D repository website. Every project will have its own discussion forum, so if you want to discuss DIG, it will have its own special place. Of course, people will still ask questions about other projects in the ng, but then we can point them to the appropriate forum. --Benji
Sep 22 2003
prev sibling parent reply Mark T <Mark_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bklcjc$1m3c$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
Allow me to propose a split of this forum:

D applications
How about using Yahoo groups? It's free. I suggest you post a message here once a month (with full http address) to get people to visit. I don't consider libraries such as GUI to be "applications" I consider them infrastructure. It would be nice to move some discussion topics to specific forums but Walter shouldn't have to do all the work.
Oct 03 2003
In article <bljv8j$2pp0$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Mark T says...

Actualy DUI and dqp have there own forum at yahoo since the first day. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/duitoolkit/ (9 messages some contribution hints to the next release for windows 5 or 6 users) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dpqdb/ (1 message, 1 user) those groups are support by commercial ads (which is good if you'er looking for a first date - I never tried that).
I don't consider libraries such as GUI to be "applications" I consider them
infrastructure.
so we need: core D, infrastructure and applications split.
It would be nice to move some discussion topics to specific forums but Walter
shouldn't have to do all the work.
remeber, Benji has promissed a D repository site that should be a good place to hold all these... Ant
Oct 03 2003
next sibling parent reply Mark T <Mark_member pathlink.com> writes:
How about using Yahoo groups?  It's free.  I suggest you post a message here
once a month (with full http address) to get people to visit.
don't be too discouraged by low volume especially for an alpha state library for an alpha-beta state language The real bummer with Yahoo groups these days (new policy) is it forces you to join a particular group before reading any messages, I prefer to lurk before joining, oh well
Oct 03 2003
parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <blk1v4$2tj4$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Mark T says...
How about using Yahoo groups?  It's free.  I suggest you post a message here
once a month (with full http address) to get people to visit.
don't be too discouraged by low volume especially for an alpha state library for an alpha-beta state language
I know, I know, I just didn't want people too excited and rush there. There is very little to see :)
The real bummer with Yahoo groups these days (new policy) is it forces you to
join a particular group before reading any messages, I prefer to lurk before
joining, oh well
Are you sure? I set up some flags so that you don't have to join to see the messages. You do have to join use other features of the groups like files repository, picture repository, links ... I guess they really changed the access after I setup the thing... Ant
Oct 03 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Julio César Carrascal Urquijo" <adnoctum phreaker.net> writes:
See bellow:

"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message

How about using Yahoo groups?  It's free.  I suggest you post a message
here
once a month (with full http address) to get people to visit.
 (9 messages some contribution hints to the next release for windows
 5 or 6 users)

 (1 message, 1 user)
Or they could be added to the links page in the D manual.
Oct 03 2003
next sibling parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <blk73r$3qd$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Julio César Carrascal Urquijo
says...
See bellow:

"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message

How about using Yahoo groups?  It's free.  I suggest you post a message
here
once a month (with full http address) to get people to visit.
 (9 messages some contribution hints to the next release for windows
 5 or 6 users)

 (1 message, 1 user)
Or they could be added to the links page in the D manual.
Too much. the home page for the project should have the links to the forums. D links should contain only the home page. If some one is interested in some project they will find every links available for that project. Ant
Oct 03 2003
prev sibling parent Helmut Leitner <leitner hls.via.at> writes:
"Julio César Carrascal Urquijo" wrote:

 See bellow:

 "Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message

How about using Yahoo groups?  It's free.  I suggest you post a message
here
once a month (with full http address) to get people to visit.
 (9 messages some contribution hints to the next release for windows
 5 or 6 users)

 (1 message, 1 user)
Or they could be added to the links page in the D manual.
Added to <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage> were anyone can maintain any links. -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Oct 03 2003
prev sibling parent "Peter Hercek" <vvp no.post.spam.sk> writes:
"Mark T" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bljv8j$2pp0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 How about using Yahoo groups?  It's free.  I suggest you post a message here
 once a month (with full http address) to get people to visit.
I hate Yahoo groops :o) There is more ads there than content. And there are some groups there I should read... :-/
Oct 05 2003