D - -L flag on linux (and dmd.conf)

reply Carlos Santander <Carlos_member pathlink.com> writes:
The -L flag doesn't seem to work under linux.
In my uni, I don't have permissions to write in /usr/lib, so I want ld to use
libphobos.a from my lib directory, but -L doesn't do anything with -L.

Talking about linux and permissions, I don't have permissions either to write in
/etc, so I can't copy dmd.conf there. Could there be a way to specify where this
file is?

-------------------
Carlos Santander B.
Aug 11 2003
next sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
Until it does, you can separate the linking.
I compile with the -c flag and then link with gcc.
(thats what dmd does anyway)

In article <bh89v8$17hb$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Carlos Santander says...
The -L flag doesn't seem to work under linux.
In my uni, I don't have permissions to write in /usr/lib, so I want ld to use
libphobos.a from my lib directory, but -L doesn't do anything with -L.

Talking about linux and permissions, I don't have permissions either to write in
/etc, so I can't copy dmd.conf there. Could there be a way to specify where this
file is?

-------------------
Carlos Santander B.
Aug 11 2003
parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bh8l7r$1k1l$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Until it does, you can separate the linking.
| I compile with the -c flag and then link with gcc.
| (thats what dmd does anyway)

... and that's what I did, but it's not the desirable solution.

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bh8l7r$1k1l$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Until it does, you can separate the linking.
| I compile with the -c flag and then link with gcc.
| (thats what dmd does anyway)

... and that's what I did, but it's not the desirable solution.

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander
Aug 11 2003
"Carlos Santander" <Carlos_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bh89v8$17hb$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 The -L flag doesn't seem to work under linux.
 In my uni, I don't have permissions to write in /usr/lib, so I want ld to
use
 libphobos.a from my lib directory, but -L doesn't do anything with -L.

 Talking about linux and permissions, I don't have permissions either to
write in
 /etc, so I can't copy dmd.conf there. Could there be a way to specify
where this
 file is?
That's a good suggestion.
Aug 16 2003