D - Properties

reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Super-dumb question, I know: does D have properties (a la C#)? If so, what
is the syntax? If not, is this something that has been discussed?
Like/dislike?

Thanks in advance

Matthew
Apr 08 2003
next sibling parent Patrick Down <Patrick_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <b70dso$35g$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...
Super-dumb question, I know: does D have properties (a la C#)? If so, what
is the syntax? If not, is this something that has been discussed?
Like/dislike?

Thanks in advance

Matthew

Yes look at this link under "Fields" http://www.digitalmars.com/d/class.html It's not implemented and Walter seems to be thinking about taking it out of the specification. The declaration syntax as specified is problematic. I like the idea of having properties and would like to adopt the C# syntax (or someing similar) for them. It addtion I would like to see reflection data added to the class for enumerating the property names, types and attributes.
Apr 09 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Walter, any decision on properties?

It'd be very nice to have

"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:b70dso$35g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Super-dumb question, I know: does D have properties (a la C#)? If so, what
 is the syntax? If not, is this something that has been discussed?
 Like/dislike?

 Thanks in advance

 Matthew

Apr 12 2003
They're pretty low on the agenda right now.

"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:b7aam3$pb0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter, any decision on properties?

 It'd be very nice to have

 "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
 news:b70dso$35g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Super-dumb question, I know: does D have properties (a la C#)? If so,

 is the syntax? If not, is this something that has been discussed?
 Like/dislike?

 Thanks in advance

 Matthew

Apr 13 2003