www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - where do I find the complete phobos function list names ?

reply someone <someone somewhere.com> writes:
I was unsuccessfully searching the site for them in the form of a 
master index to begin with.

I need them, in plain text, in order to add them to a VIM custom 
syntax highlight plugin I already made which I am already using 
but is lacking phobos support.

Can anyone point me to the right place please ?
May 25
parent reply Paul Backus <snarwin gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 at 22:05:16 UTC, someone wrote:
 I was unsuccessfully searching the site for them in the form of 
 a master index to begin with.

 I need them, in plain text, in order to add them to a VIM 
 custom syntax highlight plugin I already made which I am 
 already using but is lacking phobos support.

 Can anyone point me to the right place please ?
There is no global index in the online documentation; the best you can get is an index of each module. If you really want this, your best bet is probably to run a source-code indexer like `ctags` on the Phobos source tree, and do some scripting to transform the results into something usable in your Vim plugin.
May 25
next sibling parent someone <someone somewhere.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 at 23:46:50 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

 If you really want this, your best bet is probably to run a 
 source-code indexer like `ctags` on the Phobos source tree, and 
 do some scripting to transform the results into something 
 usable in your Vim plugin.
Something like that came across my mind, but before start coding I wanted to ask just in case of, not to waste time doing something that was probably already done. Thanks for your reply !
May 25
prev sibling next sibling parent =?UTF-8?Q?Christian_K=c3=b6stlin?= <christian.koestlin gmail.com> writes:
On 2021-05-26 01:46, Paul Backus wrote:
 On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 at 22:05:16 UTC, someone wrote:
 I was unsuccessfully searching the site for them in the form of a 
 master index to begin with.

 I need them, in plain text, in order to add them to a VIM custom 
 syntax highlight plugin I already made which I am already using but is 
 lacking phobos support.

 Can anyone point me to the right place please ?
There is no global index in the online documentation; the best you can get is an index of each module. If you really want this, your best bet is probably to run a source-code indexer like `ctags` on the Phobos source tree, and do some scripting to transform the results into something usable in your Vim plugin.
Where is the index for the search functionality on dlang.org located? Could that be used? Kind regards, Christian
May 27
prev sibling parent reply =?UTF-8?Q?Christian_K=c3=b6stlin?= <christian.koestlin gmail.com> writes:
On 2021-05-26 01:46, Paul Backus wrote:
 On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 at 22:05:16 UTC, someone wrote:
 I was unsuccessfully searching the site for them in the form of a 
 master index to begin with.

 I need them, in plain text, in order to add them to a VIM custom 
 syntax highlight plugin I already made which I am already using but is 
 lacking phobos support.

 Can anyone point me to the right place please ?
There is no global index in the online documentation; the best you can get is an index of each module. If you really want this, your best bet is probably to run a source-code indexer like `ctags` on the Phobos source tree, and do some scripting to transform the results into something usable in your Vim plugin.
e.g. I found this file https://dlang.org/library/symbols.js which is used e.g. by https://dlang.org/library/std/algorithm/sorting/sort.html to implement the search. Perhaps that helps. Kind regards, Christian
May 27
parent someone <someone somewhere.com> writes:
On Thursday, 27 May 2021 at 21:21:46 UTC, Christian Köstlin wrote:

 e.g. I found this file https://dlang.org/library/symbols.js 
 which is used e.g. by 
 https://dlang.org/library/std/algorithm/sorting/sort.html to 
 implement the search. Perhaps that helps.
Thanks Christian ! I downloaded the symbols.js file you pointed at, loaded it in VIM, and after 10-or-so minutes (of manual labor) I ended up with symbols.xml sorted alphabetically by symbol name and this is pretty much what I was looking for. It is not the right way to do it, I know, but from now on periodically checking the changes in the spec release notes I can maintain it by myself -I don't expect a lot of changes here anyway. Once in XML form I can output VIM-compatible-syntax directly by way of XSLT and I can do pretty much anything I want with it :) PS: Is there a way to upload a file here in the forum ? Maybe someone could make use of it.
May 27