digitalmars.D.learn - Absolute path

reply Reiner Pope <reiner.pope REMOVE.THIS.gmail.com> writes:
Hi there,

I can't find any function which will convert a file path from relative

something similar.

Is there one?

Do you think this is a good enough solution?

char[] toabs(char[] filepath)
out (c)
{
	assert (isabs(c));
}
body
{
	return (join(getcwd(), filepath));
}

Cheers,

Reiner
Aug 19 2006
next sibling parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Reiner Pope" <reiner.pope REMOVE.THIS.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ec72hr$hd7$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Is there one?
I can't find any in phobos. I usually end up doing what you do..
 Do you think this is a good enough solution?

 char[] toabs(char[] filepath)
 out (c)
 {
 assert (isabs(c));
 }
 body
 {
 return (join(getcwd(), filepath));
 }
That's almost exactly what I do, but I check to see that it isn't absolute already: if(isabs(filepath)) return filepath; else return join(getcwd(), filepath);
Aug 19 2006
prev sibling parent "Regan Heath" <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:06:42 +1000, Reiner Pope
 I can't find any function which will convert a file path from relative

 something similar.

 Is there one?

 Do you think this is a good enough solution?

 char[] toabs(char[] filepath)
 out (c)
 {
 	assert (isabs(c));
 }
 body
 {
 	return (join(getcwd(), filepath));
 }
There are some C functions _fullpath and _wfullpath (unicode) which can take a relative path and give the full path. I do not think they are ANSI functions however they do appear to exist in the DMC libraries (and thus you can use them in D). eg. import std.stdio; //writefln import std.string; //toStringz import std.c.string; //strlen extern(C) char *_fullpath(char *buf,char *path,size_t buflen); void main() { char[] abs = new char[100]; //allocate space char[] rel = "a\\b\\c"; _fullpath(abs.ptr,toStringz(rel),abs.length); abs.length = strlen(abs.ptr); //correct array length writefln(abs); } This should output <cwd>\a\b\c where <cwd> is the path in which you run it. Also of note are these functions: _makepath, _wmakepath _splitpath, _wsplitpath :) Regan
Aug 22 2006