digitalmars.D.learn - Trouble with static linking

reply Essoje Oliveira de Almeida <Essoje_member pathlink.com> writes:
I have a X68Sound.dll (not mine) that I'd like to use in my project, but I can't
get it to link, and being a beginner D programmer doesn't help me much. I know
I've used implib as "implib /system x68sound.lib x68sound.def" to create a
library and tried to link it as it follows. The .lib, .def, and .dll and all in
the same directory as the rest of the code.

This is DDA.d
******************
module dda;

import std.stdio;
import X68Sound;

int main()
{
int ret;

ret = X68Sound_Start();
X68Sound_Free();

return 0;
}
******************

And this one is x68sound.d
******************
module X68Sound;

export int X68Sound_Start(int samprate=44100, int opmflag=1, int adpcmflag=1,
int betw=5, int pcmbuf=5, int late=200, double rev=1.0);
export void X68Sound_Free();
******************

And this guys is X68Sound.def
******************
LIBRARY    "X68Sound.dll"
DESCRIPTION "X68k Sound Generator"
EXPORTS
X68Sound_Start		 1
X68Sound_Samprate	 2
X68Sound_Reset		 3
X68Sound_Free		 4
X68Sound_BetwInt	 5

X68Sound_StartPcm	 6
X68Sound_GetPcm		 7

X68Sound_OpmPeek	 8
X68Sound_OpmReg		 9
X68Sound_OpmPoke	 10
X68Sound_OpmInt		 11
X68Sound_OpmWait	 12
X68Sound_OpmClock	 13

X68Sound_AdpcmPeek	 14
X68Sound_AdpcmPoke	 15
X68Sound_PpiPeek	 16
X68Sound_PpiPoke	 17
X68Sound_PpiCtrl	 18
X68Sound_DmaPeek	 19
X68Sound_DmaPoke	 20
X68Sound_DmaInt		 21
X68Sound_DmaErrInt	 22
X68Sound_MemReadFunc	 23

X68Sound_WaveFunc	 24

X68Sound_Pcm8_Out	 25
X68Sound_Pcm8_Aot	 26
X68Sound_Pcm8_Lot	 27
X68Sound_Pcm8_SetMode	 28
X68Sound_Pcm8_GetRest	 29
X68Sound_Pcm8_GetMode	 30
X68Sound_Pcm8_Abort	 31

X68Sound_TotalVolume	 32

X68Sound_ErrorCode	 33
X68Sound_DebugValue	 34
******************

And finally this is what I get...
******************
C:\Proj\DDS>dmd dda.d x68sound.lib
C:\dm\bin\link.exe dda,,,x68sound.lib+user32+kernel32/noi;
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

C:\DMD\BIN\..\lib\phobos.lib(dmain2)
Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D8X68Sound14X68Sound_StartFiiiiiidZi
C:\DMD\BIN\..\lib\phobos.lib(dmain2)
Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D8X68Sound13X68Sound_FreeFZv
******************

Please enlight me in this.
Thanks in advance,
Essoje
Feb 20 2006
parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Essoje Oliveira de Almeida" <Essoje_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dtdfh1$2qs7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 And finally this is what I get...
 ******************
 C:\Proj\DDS>dmd dda.d x68sound.lib
 C:\dm\bin\link.exe dda,,,x68sound.lib+user32+kernel32/noi;
 OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
 Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

 C:\DMD\BIN\..\lib\phobos.lib(dmain2)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D8X68Sound14X68Sound_StartFiiiiiidZi
 C:\DMD\BIN\..\lib\phobos.lib(dmain2)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D8X68Sound13X68Sound_FreeFZv
Those funny-looking name manglings are D name mangling. This is because the default extern type for functions is extern(D), so DMD mangles those exported functions with D mangling. Try surrounding the contents of the X86Sound.d module with an extern(C) block. Though I'm not entirely sure that will work, as DMD likes to prefix an underscore when mangling names to C, and it doesn't look like there are any underscores in the def. Go ahead and try it anyway. It doesn't look like you're using the def file on the commandline, so OPTLINK might like the C names in the lib.
Feb 20 2006