digitalmars.D.learn - C++ libs

reply Robert.AtkinsonNO SPAMgmail.com writes:
Has anyone found a decent way to use C++ libs either in binary form or source
form?  I want to use the freetype library, but since its in C++, I don't really
want to re-code it from scratch in D
Jan 23 2006
next sibling parent reply John Reimer <terminal.node gmail.com> writes:
Robert.AtkinsonNO SPAMgmail.com wrote:
 Has anyone found a decent way to use C++ libs either in binary form or source
 form?  I want to use the freetype library, but since its in C++, I don't really
 want to re-code it from scratch in D

It's in C++? The interface is in C. I guess I should have announced it here... but I made freetype bindings for the complete library. It's available in the bindings project over at dsource.org. For win32, I include a working dll with the complete library build in. On Linux, so far, it seems to work with the typical libft.so found on the system. You can find it here:
 http://svn.dsource.org/projects/bindings/trunk/freetype/
I should probably provide an archive that can be downloaded from the download directory there. -JJR
Jan 23 2006
parent Robert.AtkinsonNO SPAMgmail.com writes:
Excellent, 1 half of the problem solved.  I assumed FreeType was in C++, which
it obviously isn't now that I look for more than 30 seconds.

In article <dr3bn1$2tt3$1 digitaldaemon.com>, John Reimer says...
Robert.AtkinsonNO SPAMgmail.com wrote:
 Has anyone found a decent way to use C++ libs either in binary form or source
 form?  I want to use the freetype library, but since its in C++, I don't really
 want to re-code it from scratch in D

It's in C++? The interface is in C. I guess I should have announced it here... but I made freetype bindings for the complete library. It's available in the bindings project over at dsource.org. For win32, I include a working dll with the complete library build in. On Linux, so far, it seems to work with the typical libft.so found on the system. You can find it here:
 http://svn.dsource.org/projects/bindings/trunk/freetype/
I should probably provide an archive that can be downloaded from the download directory there. -JJR
Jan 23 2006
prev sibling parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
There is a way to use C++ libs I think , ive never done it but I believe if
you can wrap the C++ code in C functions , then you can expose those C
functions to D and call them like that ( not tested ).

I think the D bindings for wxWidgets ( http://wxd.sourceforge.net/ ) do this
.

Charlie

news:dr3b4m$2t96$1 digitaldaemon.com...