www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - dub (https://code.dlang.org) scan latency or bug?

reply mw <mingwu gmail.com> writes:
Hi,

I've noticed some abnormality of dub registry scan for newly 
update packages: e.g. currently on

https://code.dlang.org/

vibe-core 1.17.0
The I/O core library of vibe.d.
updated an hour ago

so I think the scan latency is about ~1 hour, however:


on pyd release page:

https://github.com/ariovistus/pyd/releases
0.14.1 released 2 hours ago
but on https://code.dlang.org/packages/pyd, it still shows the 
old version:
0.14.0	2020-Dec-19


and on

https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/openssl/releases
v2.0.3+1.1.0h released 5 days ago
but on https://code.dlang.org/packages/openssl, it still shows 
the old version:
2.0.2+1.1.0h	2021-Mar-09


Is this a scan bug? some packages scan is not working? where I 
should report such issues?

Thanks.
May 17
next sibling parent reply Sebastiaan Koppe <mail skoppe.eu> writes:
On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 21:15:26 UTC, mw wrote:
 Hi,

 I've noticed some abnormality of dub registry scan for newly 
 update packages: e.g. currently on

 [...]

 Is this a scan bug? some packages scan is not working? where I 
 should report such issues?

 Thanks.
This is supposed to fix it https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/pull/496 Don't know when the rollout happens. I am waiting on a package myself for a couple of days too. It is a bit embarrassing.
May 17
parent reply Imperatorn <johan_forsberg_86 hotmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 06:59:17 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
 On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 21:15:26 UTC, mw wrote:
 Hi,

 I've noticed some abnormality of dub registry scan for newly 
 update packages: e.g. currently on

 [...]

 Is this a scan bug? some packages scan is not working? where I 
 should report such issues?

 Thanks.
This is supposed to fix it https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/pull/496 Don't know when the rollout happens. I am waiting on a package myself for a couple of days too. It is a bit embarrassing.
Deployed
May 18
parent Imperatorn <johan_forsberg_86 hotmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 10:16:03 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
 On Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 06:59:17 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
 On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 21:15:26 UTC, mw wrote:
 Hi,

 I've noticed some abnormality of dub registry scan for newly 
 update packages: e.g. currently on

 [...]

 Is this a scan bug? some packages scan is not working? where 
 I should report such issues?

 Thanks.
This is supposed to fix it https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/pull/496 Don't know when the rollout happens. I am waiting on a package myself for a couple of days too. It is a bit embarrassing.
Deployed
FYI "Looks like all packages are updated consistently now, averaging about one hour between updates."
May 19
prev sibling parent pilger <fake email.com> writes:
On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 21:15:26 UTC, mw wrote:
 https://github.com/ariovistus/pyd/releases
 0.14.1 released 2 hours ago
at least this one is no bug. the release is tagged wrong. it should read "v0.14.1" instead of "0.14.1" to get recognized successfully.
May 18