www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Silicon Valley D Meetup - September 27, 2018 - "Introduction to the D

reply =?UTF-8?Q?Ali_=c3=87ehreli?= <acehreli yahoo.com> writes:
We are excited to have our first meetup at our new permanent location at 
MBRDNA:

   Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America
   309 North Pastoria Avenue
   Sunnyvale, CA

(It the cafeteria at the main entrance.)

Pizza and soft drinks will be served. Please RSVP responsibly ;) so that 
we will know how much food to order. You can start showing up earlier at 
6:30pm. (If you don't want to register at Meetup.com, just send me an 
email at acehreli yahoo.com)

We will have a round table style meetup to talk about anything D but the 
main topic can be an introduction to the D language.

Ali
Sep 26
next sibling parent reply =?UTF-8?Q?Ali_=c3=87ehreli?= <acehreli yahoo.com> writes:
Link at Meetup:

   https://www.meetup.com/D-Lang-Silicon-Valley/events/slbvflyxmbkc/

Ali
Sep 26
parent reply Nicholas Wilson <iamthewilsonator hotmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 22:57:47 UTC, Ali Çehreli 
wrote:
 Link at Meetup:

   
 https://www.meetup.com/D-Lang-Silicon-Valley/events/slbvflyxmbkc/

 Ali
Ah rats, this one is two weeks too early and the next one is a week too late for me to go to while I'm in town for a conference.
Sep 26
parent =?UTF-8?Q?Ali_=c3=87ehreli?= <acehreli yahoo.com> writes:
On 09/26/2018 04:50 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
 the next one is a week too 
 late for me to go to while I'm in town for a conference.
Are you saying you can give a status report on October 18? Our schedule is flexible. ;) Let's arrange over email. Ali
Sep 26
prev sibling parent reply viniarck <viniarck gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 22:56:01 UTC, Ali Çehreli 
wrote:
 We are excited to have our first meetup at our new permanent 
 location at MBRDNA:

   Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America
   309 North Pastoria Avenue
   Sunnyvale, CA

 (It the cafeteria at the main entrance.)

 Pizza and soft drinks will be served. Please RSVP responsibly 
 ;) so that we will know how much food to order. You can start 
 showing up earlier at 6:30pm. (If you don't want to register at 
 Meetup.com, just send me an email at acehreli yahoo.com)

 We will have a round table style meetup to talk about anything 
 D but the main topic can be an introduction to the D language.

 Ali
Hi, Ali. First, thanks a lot for all you've done for the D community. Since I'm not based in the US I wish I could attend via Internet. Is there any chance of future virtual meetups transmissions as well? Cheers.
Sep 26
parent =?UTF-8?Q?Ali_=c3=87ehreli?= <acehreli yahoo.com> writes:
On 09/26/2018 05:40 PM, viniarck wrote:

 Is there any
 chance of future virtual meetups transmissions as well?
We've been doing that for some meetups. It works well if the meetup is in presentation format, which not all are. Sometimes we just get together for chat and it doesn't make sense to record those live. But yes, we will do it when it makes sense. Ali
Sep 26