www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Seeking lecturer - D language (Moscow)

reply Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh gmail.com> writes:
At the moment it’s a bit early stage but we are looking for 
enthusiast who has spare time and desire to spread the knowledge 
of D supremacy among students. The course will replace an 
equivalent of 1 year C++ course, but may start as half-year proof 
of concept.

Facts:
- 3h per week, scheedule can be easily adjusted but it should 
start within 8-17 hour range.
- pay at Russian Universities is usually super low esp if not 
having Ph.D, so really it’s more of volonteer role
- you don’t have to be professional lecturer, enthusiasm and 
desire to teach D is enough, you will have help of other senior 
folks
- I owe you a bottle of your favorite beverage and your favorite 
bug in Bugzilla if you agree ;)
- There is no hurry, it starts in September if all goes well.

Contact me for details:
dmitry.olsh at gmail.com

—
Dmitry Olshansky
Mar 14
next sibling parent reply Simen =?UTF-8?B?S2rDpnLDpXM=?= <simen.kjaras gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:38:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky 
wrote:

 - I owe you a bottle of your favorite beverage and your 
 favorite bug in Bugzilla if you agree ;)
https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5710 might be worth it, even if it means moving from friends and a comfy job in Norway... -- Simen
Mar 14
next sibling parent Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:44:10 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:
 On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:38:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky 
 wrote:

 - I owe you a bottle of your favorite beverage and your 
 favorite bug in Bugzilla if you agree ;)
https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5710 might be worth it, even if it means moving from friends and a comfy job in Norway...
Ouch! I knew something like that will show up) Anyhow there is also posibility for remote ;)
 --
   Simen
Mar 14
prev sibling next sibling parent Stefan Koch <uplink.coder googlemail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:44:10 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:
 On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:38:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky 
 wrote:

 - I owe you a bottle of your favorite beverage and your 
 favorite bug in Bugzilla if you agree ;)
https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5710 might be worth it, even if it means moving from friends and a comfy job in Norway... -- Simen
Oh that one. Actually that'd isn't too hard. If you can live with a potential performance penalty of less well optimizing backends. I am currently with research for faster meta-programming facilities. But I could probably spare a few hours to get a 5710 fix ready. But I need a convincing usage example.
Mar 14
prev sibling parent Aliak <something something.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:44:10 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:

 https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5710 might be worth 
 it, even if it means moving from friends and a comfy job in 
 Norway...

 --
   Simen
!!! Haha Norway? So up for a Norway D meetup? Oslo? Turns out I even work with someone who went to uni with you - Håvard Kindem (who also says he’d join for such a meetup). Email: Ali.akhtarzada gmail... if you are already or ever are in Oslo :) Cheers
Mar 14
prev sibling parent reply Ivan Kazmenko <gassa mail.ru> writes:
On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:38:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky 
wrote:
 At the moment it’s a bit early stage but we are looking for 
 enthusiast who has spare time and desire to spread the 
 knowledge of D supremacy among students. The course will 
 replace an equivalent of 1 year C++ course, but may start as 
 half-year proof of concept.
Sounds nice! Unfortunately, I won't be able to help in Moscow, but if the idea ever spreads to St. Petersburg, I'd definitely consider that. Which university it is now, by the way? I've been exploring the possibility to use D in teaching at my uni (St. Petersburg State University), but didn't push it much, and got no result so far. Ivan Kazmenko.
Mar 15
parent reply Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 00:18:20 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
 On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:38:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky 
 wrote:
 At the moment it’s a bit early stage but we are looking for 
 enthusiast who has spare time and desire to spread the 
 knowledge of D supremacy among students. The course will 
 replace an equivalent of 1 year C++ course, but may start as 
 half-year proof of concept.
Sounds nice! Unfortunately, I won't be able to help in Moscow, but if the idea ever spreads to St. Petersburg, I'd definitely consider that. Which university it is now, by the way?
Interestingly it’s Russian Goverment University for Humanities, but for their technical faculty.
 I've been exploring the possibility to use D in teaching at my 
 uni (St. Petersburg State University), but didn't push it much, 
 and got no result so far.
The good folks that teach there are also part of my PhD advisor team. Basically they were fed up with troves of C++ lecturers who cannot grasp C++11 and the general misunderstanding with management: - “We should teach good, modern C++ instead of our C++ course” - “What do you mean - replace C++ with C++, what’s the point?” Hilarious thing but D has no identity problem like that ;)
 Ivan Kazmenko.
Mar 15
parent reply MGW <mgw yandex.ru> writes:
Я работаю в Москве и вполне мог бы заняться
этим направлением.

On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 04:57:57 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
 On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 00:18:20 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
Mar 19
parent Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 19 March 2018 at 10:26:56 UTC, MGW wrote:
 Я работаю в Москве и вполне мог бы заняться
этим направлением.
Thanks! Replied in e-mail.
 On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 04:57:57 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky 
 wrote:
 On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 00:18:20 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
Mar 20