www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Revisions to the DIP Process

reply Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
In response to concerns raised at the DConf AGM (and also 
feedback here in the forums), I've updated the documentation for 
the DIP process and the DIP author guidelines, and I've added 
guidelines for reviewers. It's all summarized in this blog post:

https://dlang.org/blog/2019/06/04/revisions-to-the-dip-process/

Anyone intending to participate in the DIP process as an author 
or as a reviewer is requested to become familiar with this 
documentation. Feedback is welcome.

I'll give this a day to settle in. Tomorrow I'll be announcing a 
second round of Community Review for DIP 1019, this time under 
the revised process.
Jun 04
parent reply mate <aiueo aiueo.aiueo> writes:
On Tuesday, 4 June 2019 at 12:30:13 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 In response to concerns raised at the DConf AGM (and also 
 feedback here in the forums), I've updated the documentation 
 for the DIP process and the DIP author guidelines, and I've 
 added guidelines for reviewers. It's all summarized in this 
 blog post:

 https://dlang.org/blog/2019/06/04/revisions-to-the-dip-process/

 Anyone intending to participate in the DIP process as an author 
 or as a reviewer is requested to become familiar with this 
 documentation. Feedback is welcome.

 I'll give this a day to settle in. Tomorrow I'll be announcing 
 a second round of Community Review for DIP 1019, this time 
 under the revised process.
Thanks for your work. In the blog post did not you rather mean the following?
 Any fundamental structural changes will need approval by Walter 
 and Andrei.
If yes please review the penultimate sentence of the post.
Jun 07
parent reply Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 10:50:37 UTC, mate wrote:

 Thanks for your work.

 In the blog post did not you rather mean the following?

 Any fundamental structural changes will need approval by 
 Walter and Andrei.
If yes please review the penultimate sentence of the post.
No, the text is correct as published. See Andrei's announcement at the beginning of the AGM: https://youtu.be/cpTAtiboIDs?t=3041
Jun 07
parent reply mate <aiueo aiueo.aiueo> writes:
On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 10:57:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 10:50:37 UTC, mate wrote:

 Thanks for your work.

 In the blog post did not you rather mean the following?

 Any fundamental structural changes will need approval by 
 Walter and Andrei.
If yes please review the penultimate sentence of the post.
No, the text is correct as published. See Andrei's announcement at the beginning of the AGM: https://youtu.be/cpTAtiboIDs?t=3041
Ok, thank you.
Jun 07
parent reply Paolo Invernizzi <paolo.invernizzi gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 11:02:29 UTC, mate wrote:
 On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 10:57:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 No, the text is correct as published. See Andrei's 
 announcement at the beginning of the AGM:

 https://youtu.be/cpTAtiboIDs?t=3041
I've seen the AGM, but doesn't that worth a post somewhere? /P
Jun 07
parent reply Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 11:19:07 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
 On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 11:02:29 UTC, mate wrote:
 On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 10:57:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 No, the text is correct as published. See Andrei's 
 announcement at the beginning of the AGM:

 https://youtu.be/cpTAtiboIDs?t=3041
I've seen the AGM, but doesn't that worth a post somewhere? /P
Yes. I'll be writing up an overview of DConf once I've finished uploading the videos.
Jun 07
parent Paolo Invernizzi <paolo.invernizzi gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 12:12:25 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 11:19:07 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
 On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 11:02:29 UTC, mate wrote:
 On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 10:57:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 No, the text is correct as published. See Andrei's 
 announcement at the beginning of the AGM:

 https://youtu.be/cpTAtiboIDs?t=3041
I've seen the AGM, but doesn't that worth a post somewhere? /P
Yes. I'll be writing up an overview of DConf once I've finished uploading the videos.
That seems great! Thanks, Mike! /P
Jun 07