www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Release D 2.099.0

reply Martin Nowak <code dawg.eu> writes:
Glad to announce D 2.099.0, ♥ to the 100 contributors.

This release comes with __traits(parameters), unittests only from 
root modules, throw expressions, and plenty of more changes.

http://dlang.org/download.html
http://dlang.org/changelog/2.099.0.html

-Martin
Mar 09
next sibling parent reply meta <meta gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 09:04:03 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
 Glad to announce D 2.099.0, ♥ to the 100 contributors.

 This release comes with __traits(parameters), unittests only 
 from root modules, throw expressions, and plenty of more 
 changes.

 http://dlang.org/download.html
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.099.0.html

 -Martin
The download links doesn't work.. I get access denied, what is happening? Are CI/CD builds available somewhere? on GitHub?
Mar 09
next sibling parent Dennis <dkorpel gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 10:08:50 UTC, meta wrote:
 Are CI/CD builds available somewhere? on GitHub?
You can get a nightly build here: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/releases Regular releases are not hosted on GitHub (yet).
Mar 09
prev sibling next sibling parent reply evilrat <evilrat666 gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 10:08:50 UTC, meta wrote:
 On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 09:04:03 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
 Glad to announce D 2.099.0, ♥ to the 100 contributors.

 This release comes with __traits(parameters), unittests only 
 from root modules, throw expressions, and plenty of more 
 changes.

 http://dlang.org/download.html
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.099.0.html

 -Martin
The download links doesn't work.. I get access denied, what is happening? Are CI/CD builds available somewhere? on GitHub?
it seems like upload script error, download link is https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.dlang.org/releases/2021/dmd-2.099.0.exe but if you change it to (notice 2022 instead of 2021) https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.dlang.org/releases/2022/dmd-2.099.0.exe it now works
Mar 09
parent reply meta <meta gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 12:06:40 UTC, evilrat wrote:
 On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 10:08:50 UTC, meta wrote:
 On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 09:04:03 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
 Glad to announce D 2.099.0, ♥ to the 100 contributors.

 This release comes with __traits(parameters), unittests only 
 from root modules, throw expressions, and plenty of more 
 changes.

 http://dlang.org/download.html
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.099.0.html

 -Martin
The download links doesn't work.. I get access denied, what is happening? Are CI/CD builds available somewhere? on GitHub?
it seems like upload script error, download link is https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.dlang.org/releases/2021/dmd-2.099.0.exe but if you change it to (notice 2022 instead of 2021) https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.dlang.org/releases/2022/dmd-2.099.0.exe it now works
I still get access denied error on the download page, nobody test the releases? I had a similar issue for downloaded the beta, and it was still not fixed.. This needs to be sorted out, it's 2 release in a row that is messed up
Mar 09
parent steven kladitis <stevenkladitis gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 12:48:16 UTC, meta wrote:
 On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 12:06:40 UTC, evilrat wrote:
 On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 10:08:50 UTC, meta wrote:
 [...]
it seems like upload script error, download link is https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.dlang.org/releases/2021/dmd-2.099.0.exe but if you change it to (notice 2022 instead of 2021) https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.dlang.org/releases/2022/dmd-2.099.0.exe it now works
I still get access denied error on the download page, nobody test the releases? I had a similar issue for downloaded the beta, and it was still not fixed.. This needs to be sorted out, it's 2 release in a row that is messed up
I mentioned that in the beginning of the beta release. Also in the windows release the shell.exe has been missing for a while
Mar 09
prev sibling parent MoonlightSentinel <moonlightsentinel disroot.org> writes:
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 10:08:50 UTC, meta wrote:
 The download links doesn't work.. I get access denied, what is 
 happening?
The year included in the download link was wrong. It's fixed now.
Mar 10
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Brian Callahan <bcallah openbsd.org> writes:
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 09:04:03 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
 Glad to announce D 2.099.0, ♥ to the 100 contributors.

 This release comes with __traits(parameters), unittests only 
 from root modules, throw expressions, and plenty of more 
 changes.

 http://dlang.org/download.html
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.099.0.html

 -Martin
Hooray! The OpenBSD package has been updated and is on its way. I'm happy to report that as of DMD 2.099.0, there are 0 lines of diff between upstream DMD and the OpenBSD package :) ~Brian
Mar 09
parent "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh quickfur.ath.cx> writes:
On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 06:46:34PM +0000, Brian Callahan via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
 I'm happy to report that as of DMD 2.099.0, there are 0 lines of diff
 between upstream DMD and the OpenBSD package :)
[...] Wonderful! T -- Государство делает вид, что платит нам зарплату, а мы делаем вид, что работаем.
Mar 09
prev sibling parent StarCanopy <starcanopy protonmail.com> writes:
 https://dlang.org/changelog/2.099.0.html#throw_expression
Yes! I can finally rid my code of `throwException`.
Mar 09