www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Our New Pull-Request and Issue Manager

reply Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
In January, I announced that we were looking to fill the vacant 
Pull-Request and Issue Manager position sponsored by Symmetry 
Investments. We received some applications, Symmetry evaluated 
them, and we agreed on a candidate we believe is perfect for the 
job. He is a frequent contributor and for the past several months 
has been working on one of the volunteer strike teams organized 
by Razvan Nitu, our other PR & Issue Manager.

Everyone, please congratulate Dennis Korpel on his new job!

Dennis will get started on March 1. After some time for him to 
settle in, I'm sure he and Razvan will have sorted out who is 
responsible for what. Then you'll know which of them to go to for 
help with any issues that have you stumped or pull requests that 
need some attention.

Thanks again to Symmetry for sponsoring this position and helping 
us to fill it.
Feb 24
next sibling parent reply Tejas <notrealemail gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 13:05:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 In January, I announced that we were looking to fill the vacant 
 Pull-Request and Issue Manager position sponsored by Symmetry 
 Investments. We received some applications, Symmetry evaluated 
 them, and we agreed on a candidate we believe is perfect for 
 the job. He is a frequent contributor and for the past several 
 months has been working on one of the volunteer strike teams 
 organized by Razvan Nitu, our other PR & Issue Manager.

 Everyone, please congratulate Dennis Korpel on his new job!

 Dennis will get started on March 1. After some time for him to 
 settle in, I'm sure he and Razvan will have sorted out who is 
 responsible for what. Then you'll know which of them to go to 
 for help with any issues that have you stumped or pull requests 
 that need some attention.

 Thanks again to Symmetry for sponsoring this position and 
 helping us to fill it.
Congratulations, Dennis 🎉🎉🎉🎉 Is this a full-time position or part-time? I remember Razvan's was part-time when he started, don't know whether that got elevated to full-time either
Feb 24
parent Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 13:16:09 UTC, Tejas wrote:

 Is this a full-time position or part-time? I remember Razvan's 
 was part-time when he started, don't know whether that got 
 elevated to full-time either
Part-time.
Feb 24
prev sibling next sibling parent M.M. <matus email.cz> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 13:05:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 In January, I announced that we were looking to fill the vacant 
 Pull-Request and Issue Manager position sponsored by Symmetry 
 Investments. We received some applications, Symmetry evaluated 
 them, and we agreed on a candidate we believe is perfect for 
 the job. He is a frequent contributor and for the past several 
 months has been working on one of the volunteer strike teams 
 organized by Razvan Nitu, our other PR & Issue Manager.

 [...]
Congratulations and thank you, Dennis. Well done, dlang community. Thank you, Symmetry Investments, for sponsoring this position.
Feb 24
prev sibling next sibling parent Paul Backus <snarwin gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 13:05:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 In January, I announced that we were looking to fill the vacant 
 Pull-Request and Issue Manager position sponsored by Symmetry 
 Investments. We received some applications, Symmetry evaluated 
 them, and we agreed on a candidate we believe is perfect for 
 the job. He is a frequent contributor and for the past several 
 months has been working on one of the volunteer strike teams 
 organized by Razvan Nitu, our other PR & Issue Manager.

 Everyone, please congratulate Dennis Korpel on his new job!
Congratulations, Dennis!
Feb 24
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Arjan <arjan ask.me.to> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 13:05:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 Everyone, please congratulate Dennis Korpel on his new job!
Goed bezig! Veel plezier en succes Dennis.
Feb 24
parent reply Dennis <dkorpel gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 20:32:25 UTC, Arjan wrote:
 Goed bezig! Veel plezier en succes Dennis.
Dank jullie wel! Thank you all!
Feb 24
parent Salih Dincer <salihdb hotmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 23:25:35 UTC, Dennis wrote:
 On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 20:32:25 UTC, Arjan wrote:
 Goed bezig! Veel plezier en succes Dennis.
Dennis, tebrik ederiz istanbul'dan! Dennis, we congratulate you from istanbul!
Feb 25
prev sibling next sibling parent Martin Tschierschke <mt smartdolphin.de> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 13:05:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 [...]
 He is a frequent contributor and for the past several months 
 has been working on one of the volunteer strike teams organized 
 by Razvan Nitu, our other PR & Issue Manager.

 Everyone, please congratulate Dennis Korpel on his new job!
This are very good news! A big **THANK YOU** to Dennis, Razvan, Symmetry and the Dlang Team (Mike :-))
Feb 25
prev sibling next sibling parent kinke <noone nowhere.com> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 13:05:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 [...]
Awesome, thanks and congratz Dennis!
 Thanks again to Symmetry for sponsoring this position and 
 helping us to fill it.
+1.
Feb 25
prev sibling parent Dukc <ajieskola gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 13:05:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 We received some applications, Symmetry evaluated them, and we 
 agreed on a candidate we believe is perfect for the job. He is 
 a frequent contributor and for the past several months has been 
 working on one of the volunteer strike teams organized by 
 Razvan Nitu, our other PR & Issue Manager.
So it's many who applied? Glad to hear.
 Everyone, please congratulate Dennis Korpel on his new job!
Good choice indeed!
 Thanks again to Symmetry for sponsoring this position and 
 helping us to fill it.
Seconded!
Feb 25