www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - LDC 1.12.0

reply kinke <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Glad to announce LDC 1.12:

* Based on D 2.082.1.
* Support for LLVM 7, which is used for the prebuilt packages.
   Due to an LLVM 7.0.0 regression, the prebuilt x86[_64] LDC 
binaries
   require a CPU with SSSE3.
* LTO working for Win64 targets.
* IR-based PGO working for Windows targets.
* New, Easy::jit-like interface for dynamic/JIT compilation.
* Experimental support for Android/x86_64.

Full release log and downloads: 
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.12.0

Thanks to all contributors!
Oct 13
parent reply jmh530 <john.michael.hall gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 13 October 2018 at 16:05:31 UTC, kinke wrote:
 * New, Easy::jit-like interface for dynamic/JIT compilation.
I'm not familiar with Easy::jit. Would it make sense to do some kind of simple tutorial? Or maybe blog post?
Oct 14
parent reply Shigeki Karita <shigekikarita gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 14 October 2018 at 22:16:47 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
 On Saturday, 13 October 2018 at 16:05:31 UTC, kinke wrote:
 * New, Easy::jit-like interface for dynamic/JIT compilation.
I'm not familiar with Easy::jit. Would it make sense to do some kind of simple tutorial? Or maybe blog post?
I'm also interested in the new JIT. I found some useful links - LLVM based C++ JIT library https://github.com/jmmartinez/easy-just-in-time - LDC's doc https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/tree/master/docs - LDC's some simple test snippets https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/master/tests/dynamiccompile/simple.d
Oct 18
parent reply Shigeki Karita <shigekikarita gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 19 October 2018 at 02:13:15 UTC, Shigeki Karita wrote:
 On Sunday, 14 October 2018 at 22:16:47 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
 On Saturday, 13 October 2018 at 16:05:31 UTC, kinke wrote:
 * New, Easy::jit-like interface for dynamic/JIT compilation.
I'm not familiar with Easy::jit. Would it make sense to do some kind of simple tutorial? Or maybe blog post?
I'm also interested in the new JIT. I found some useful links - LLVM based C++ JIT library https://github.com/jmmartinez/easy-just-in-time - LDC's doc https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/tree/master/docs - LDC's some simple test snippets https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/master/tests/dynamiccompile/simple.d
https://github.com/jmmartinez/easy-just-in-time/blob/master/doc/slides/cppcon'18.pdf
Oct 18
parent reply jmh530 <john.michael.hall gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 19 October 2018 at 02:18:38 UTC, Shigeki Karita wrote:
 [snip]
 https://github.com/jmmartinez/easy-just-in-time/blob/master/doc/slides/cppcon'18.pdf
Thanks for those!
Oct 19
parent jmh530 <john.michael.hall gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 19 October 2018 at 10:03:17 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
 On Friday, 19 October 2018 at 02:18:38 UTC, Shigeki Karita 
 wrote:
 [snip]
 https://github.com/jmmartinez/easy-just-in-time/blob/master/doc/slides/cppcon'18.pdf
Thanks for those!
I'm a little confused about using the jit in run.dlang.org (copying that simple example over). It doesn't seem to work (adding assert(0); as the first line after main does nothing)...maybe that's because it is using rldc? https://run.dlang.io/is/Xd5WZ4
Oct 19