www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - How I Came To Write D is #1 on Hacker News!

reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
https://news.ycombinator.com
Jun 03
parent reply Huuskes <mahuuskes runic.eu> writes:
On Sunday, 3 June 2018 at 20:37:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 https://news.ycombinator.com
You always seem so on top of this :) On HN they seem more positive towards D than on Reddit.
Jun 03
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 6/3/2018 1:48 PM, Huuskes wrote:
 On Sunday, 3 June 2018 at 20:37:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 https://news.ycombinator.com
You always seem so on top of this :) On HN they seem more positive towards D than on Reddit.
I noticed it 6 hours after it was posted.
Jun 03
parent reply Huuskes <mahuuskes runic.eu> writes:
On Sunday, 3 June 2018 at 21:48:36 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 6/3/2018 1:48 PM, Huuskes wrote:
 On Sunday, 3 June 2018 at 20:37:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 https://news.ycombinator.com
You always seem so on top of this :) On HN they seem more positive towards D than on Reddit.
I noticed it 6 hours after it was posted.
I meant more in the AMA-ready-to-answer any questions sense, haha. You don't see that often where the creator of <insert language here> pops up in threads. It's nice to see, partially how I ended up here! ^^
Jun 03
parent Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 6/3/2018 3:03 PM, Huuskes wrote:
 I meant more in the AMA-ready-to-answer any questions sense, haha. You don't
see 
 that often where the creator of <insert language here> pops up in threads.
It's 
 nice to see, partially how I ended up here! ^^
Back in the Symantec days, I would regularly do tech support myself on CompuServe. Most other compiler guys preferred to be anonymous, or at least their employers preferred it that way. (Symantec neither asked nor dissuaded me from doing it.) In the Zortech days, the manual and some of the ads had a picture of me on them. At a Zortech meet the press function, I was accused of being a model (!) hired to pose for the picture. I had to answer a bunch of tech questions and show my passport to convince them I really did write it. I don't know if personalizing the compiler like this hurt or helped. P.S. Imagine me, a model! The mind boggles. I coulda been Marky-Mark!
Jun 03