www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - D News April-May - DConf '22 BeerConf Has a Sponsor!

reply Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
If you've been following the Announce forum, then you already 
know about most of the news in my latest D News video covering 
April and May: the releases of D 2.100.0, LDC 1.30.0-beta1, and 
GDC 12.1 (the first GDC release with the D version of the D 
backend), the publication of the DConf '22 schedule, and the 
upcoming deadline for DConf '22 early-bird registration.

One bit of news I hadn't announced anywhere before this video: we 
have a sponsor for the DConf '22 BeerConf! A big thanks to 
Funkwerk for supporting us. Thanks to them, we'll be able to hire 
out space for BeerConf every evening August 1-4. And each night, 
everything you order (drinks and food) will be covered until we 
reach the minimum spending amount.

Symmetry is making the arrangements with a local pub that we've 
picked out. I'll provide the details as soon as I hear from them 
that everything is settled.

Part of the funding for BeerConf is provided by the D Language 
Foundation. If you'd like to buy a round or two, or a few, for 
your fellow D programming language enthusiasts, please leave a 
donation at our Open Collective page:

https://opencollective.com/dlang

Or via one of the other options on our donation page:

https://dlang.org/foundation/donate.html

You can find the video here:

https://youtu.be/qTH1S6z-n-s

I'll have the text version of it up on the blog in a day or so.
May 29
next sibling parent Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 29 May 2022 at 12:41:18 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

 hire out space for BeerConf every evening August 1-4.
Sorry, that should be August 1-3.
May 29
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw gdcproject.org> writes:
On Sunday, 29 May 2022 at 12:41:18 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 GDC 12.1 (the first GDC release with the D version of the D 
 backend),
That should also be frontend, not backend. :-)
May 29
parent Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 29 May 2022 at 19:44:47 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 On Sunday, 29 May 2022 at 12:41:18 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 GDC 12.1 (the first GDC release with the D version of the D 
 backend),
That should also be frontend, not backend. :-)
At least I got it right in the video.
May 29
prev sibling next sibling parent Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 29 May 2022 at 12:41:18 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

 I'll have the text version of it up on the blog in a day or so.
The blog version is here: https://dlang.org/blog/2022/05/30/d-news-may-22-d-2-100-0-gdc-dconf-22-schedule-published-early-bird-registration-ends/ I've shared it to reddit, so if anyone would like to keep an eye on the discussion there (almost bedtime for me): https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/v0ztft/dlang_21000_released_dconf_22_schedule_published/
May 30
prev sibling parent Salih Dincer <salihdb hotmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 29 May 2022 at 12:41:18 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 [...]
 One bit of news I hadn't announced anywhere before this video: 
 we have a sponsor for the DConf '22 BeerConf! A big thanks to 
 Funkwerk for supporting us. Thanks to them, we'll be able to 
 hire out space for BeerConf every evening August 1-4. And each 
 night, everything you order (drinks and food) will be covered 
 until we reach the minimum spending amount.
 [...]
A big thank you to Funkwerk. Although it is a big dream, I wish it to be realized one day with Turkey hosting. It is admirable to do such things in a time of increasing inflation rates today. SDB 79
May 31