digitalmars.D.announce - OT: Finland won the Eurovision Song Contest

reply Georg Wrede <georg.wrede nospam.org> writes:
Sorry for wasting bandwidth:

Finland has won the Eurovision Song Contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably anybody outside Europe couldn't care less, and (to be honest)
probably most folks in Europe, too.

But for our National Pride, this is something that happens Once In a
Lifetime (as opposed to winning the World Championships in ski jumping
or ice hockey or F1). We've participated in the ESC the last 50 or so
years, and never have we scored better than 6th or so.

To summarise, I have a hard time staying in my pants, and this
particular OT-offense won't be repeated (by me) as long as I live.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
May 20 2006
next sibling parent reply "Lionello Lunesu" <lionello lunesu.remove.com> writes:
Haven't watched the ESC in years. I find to way to politically loaded,
hardly a contest. Also the songs are hard to tell apart from previous years,
and from eachother. If you hear a song, within the first 10 seconds you
should be able to tell whether it was an ESC song, or a 'commercial' one :)

Congratulations nonetheless :)

L.
May 20 2006
parent reply "Rioshin an'Harthen" <rharth75 hotmail.com> writes:
"Lionello Lunesu" <lionello lunesu.remove.com> wrote:
 Haven't watched the ESC in years. I find to way to politically loaded,
 hardly a contest. Also the songs are hard to tell apart from previous
 years, and from eachother. If you hear a song, within the first 10 seconds
 you should be able to tell whether it was an ESC song, or a 'commercial'
 one :)
I sincerely recommend you listen to the short demo available at http://www.eurovisiondownloadshop.tv, it's certainly way different than the other entries in the ESC.
 Congratulations nonetheless :)
Thanks! As a Finn myself, I'm ecstatic for the success of Lordi in the ESC. Realistically, I had thought we'd be able to make the top 5 (our best position so far has been 6th with Marion Rung's "Tom Tom Tom" back in the 70's, which has since been repeated once, as I recall), but to win the ESC? It's something special, we've been trying for it for 40 years.
May 21 2006
next sibling parent reply Dieter Dannerbeck <dannerbeck.dieter gmx.de> writes:
Rioshin an'Harthen schrieb:
[...]
Congratulations. I'm German. You can have this ESC! We win the football world championship :P
May 21 2006
next sibling parent Tom <ihate spam.com> writes:
Dieter Dannerbeck escribió:
 Rioshin an'Harthen schrieb:
[...]
No way, it's our turn this time, go Argentina!! :D
May 21 2006
prev sibling parent Fredrik Olsson <peylow treyst.se> writes:
Dieter Dannerbeck skrev:
 Rioshin an'Harthen schrieb:
[...]
And Sweden got Hockey, so we are all a quite happy and even bunch. And Lordi deserved to win! // Fredrik
May 23 2006
prev sibling parent "Lionello Lunesu" <lionello lunesu.remove.com> writes:
"Rioshin an'Harthen" <rharth75 hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e4poaq$28i2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Lionello Lunesu" <lionello lunesu.remove.com> wrote:
 Haven't watched the ESC in years. I find to way to politically loaded,
 hardly a contest. Also the songs are hard to tell apart from previous
 years, and from eachother. If you hear a song, within the first 10
 seconds you should be able to tell whether it was an ESC song, or a
 'commercial' one :)
I sincerely recommend you listen to the short demo available at http://www.eurovisiondownloadshop.tv, it's certainly way different than the other entries in the ESC.
You were right :) definately not your run-of-the-mill ESC song :D L.
May 23 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent Niko Korhonen <niktheblak hotmail.com> writes:
Georg Wrede wrote:
 Sorry for wasting bandwidth:

 Finland has won the Eurovision Song Contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, let me w00t with you a bit: w000000000000000000000000tt!!!!!11 -- Niko Korhonen SW Developer
May 21 2006
prev sibling parent Dejan Lekic <dejan nu6.org> writes:
Yeah - i have voted for Lordi !!! :)
May 22 2006