digitalmars.D.announce - DMD 0.143 release

reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Fold in of bug fixes.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Jan 11 2006
next sibling parent reply Don Clugston <dac nospam.com.au> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Fold in of bug fixes.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Did you update phobos.lib? It's not linking to std.math.abs. eg. import std.math; int main() { return abs(-30); } won't link. Maybe you should also comment out std.math2.abs() to prevent conflicts.
Jan 11 2006
parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Don Clugston" <dac nospam.com.au> wrote in message
news:dq2lc5$1322$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Did you update phobos.lib? It's not linking to std.math.abs.
 eg.

 import std.math;
 int  main()
 {
    return abs(-30);
 }

 won't link.

 Maybe you should also comment out std.math2.abs() to prevent conflicts.
I did update it, here's what it should be: 01/11/2006 12:35 AM 749,056 phobos.lib
Jan 11 2006
Walter Bright wrote:
 "Don Clugston" <dac nospam.com.au> wrote in message
 news:dq2lc5$1322$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Did you update phobos.lib? It's not linking to std.math.abs.
eg.

import std.math;
int  main()
{
   return abs(-30);
}

won't link.

Maybe you should also comment out std.math2.abs() to prevent conflicts.
I did update it, here's what it should be: 01/11/2006 12:35 AM 749,056 phobos.lib
Found the problem. It turns out I had a DMD 0.142 phobos.lib in the directory I was compiling from! Sorry for that piece of stupidity.
Jan 11 2006
parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Don, can you send me your email address, please?
Jan 12 2006
Walter Bright wrote:
 Don, can you send me your email address, please?
Done. If you haven't recieved it yet, please reply here. BTW, thanks for all the bugs fixed over the past few releases. The template metaprogramming is getting solid: my file of hacks/workarounds has gone from twenty functions to three.
Jan 12 2006
parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Don Clugston" <dac nospam.com.au> wrote in message
news:dq5ufd$pcc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter Bright wrote:
 Don, can you send me your email address, please?
Done. If you haven't recieved it yet, please reply here. BTW, thanks for all the bugs fixed over the past few releases. The template metaprogramming is getting solid: my file of hacks/workarounds has gone from twenty functions to three.
I want to get it to zero. <g>
Jan 12 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent Tom S <h3r3tic remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Fold in of bug fixes.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Jan 11 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:dq2h6e$v8p$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Fold in of bug fixes.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Hey, any idea when this atrocity is going to be fixed? class Outer { void fork() { Inner i = new Inner; i.x = 5; // Error, inaccessible } class Inner { private int x; } } i.x is inaccessible from any methods of Outer. This breaks the rules of implicit-module-friendship, and furthermore, is frustrating. I've run into it too many times to count, and have had to make several inner class methods and fields public, something which I'm not fond of doing.
Jan 11 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Kris" <fu bar.com> writes:
What? Nothing thoroughly controversial in this release? <g>

(thanks for the 'properties' fix ~ makes for a cleaner API in certain cases)

prev sibling parent reply "Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> writes:
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:dq2h6e$v8p$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Fold in of bug fixes.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Thanks Walter, updates of this kind (mainly fixes) really boost confidence in D, well mine anyway. But uh, the changelog page is getting rather long, 116,133 bytes. It might be a good idea to create a seperate page for the latest release :-& Lio.
Jan 12 2006
parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> wrote in message
news:dq5r4i$mlc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:dq2h6e$v8p$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Fold in of bug fixes.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Thanks Walter, updates of this kind (mainly fixes) really boost confidence in D, well mine anyway. But uh, the changelog page is getting rather long, 116,133 bytes. It might be a good idea to create a seperate page for the latest release :-&
When I do 1.0, I plan to archive the current one and start with a fresh one.
Jan 12 2006
next sibling parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:dq60d4$qte$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> wrote in message
 news:dq5r4i$mlc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:dq2h6e$v8p$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Fold in of bug fixes.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Thanks Walter, updates of this kind (mainly fixes) really boost
confidence
 in D, well mine anyway.

 But uh, the changelog page is getting rather long, 116,133 bytes. It
might
 be a good idea to create a seperate page for the latest release :-&
When I do 1.0, I plan to archive the current one and start with a fresh
one.

Jan 13 2006
one. So there _is_ plans for a 1.0 ! :D "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message news:dq60d4$qte$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> wrote in message
 news:dq5r4i$mlc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:dq2h6e$v8p$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Fold in of bug fixes.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Thanks Walter, updates of this kind (mainly fixes) really boost
confidence
 in D, well mine anyway.

 But uh, the changelog page is getting rather long, 116,133 bytes. It
might
 be a good idea to create a seperate page for the latest release :-&
When I do 1.0, I plan to archive the current one and start with a fresh
one.

Jan 13 2006
parent reply "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
s/is/are/

!

"Charles" <noone nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:dq8lbq$105c$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent reply James Dunne <james.jdunne gmail.com> writes:
Charles wrote:
 s/is/are/

 !

one. So there _are_ plans for a 1.0 ! :D "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message news:dq60d4$qte$2 digitaldaemon.com...
"Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> wrote in message
news:dq5r4i$mlc$1 digitaldaemon.com...

"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:dq2h6e$v8p$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Fold in of bug fixes.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Thanks Walter, updates of *thare* kind (mainly fixes) really boost
confidence
in D, well mine anyway.

But uh, the changelog page *are* getting rather long, 116,133 bytes. It
might
be a good idea to create a seperate page for the latest release :-&
When I do 1.0, I plan to archive the current one and start with a fresh
one.

Ohh... bad regex!
Jan 13 2006
parent Tom S <h3r3tic remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> writes:
James Dunne wrote:
 Charles wrote:

 s/is/are/

 !