digitalmars.D - Thank you MoonlightSentinel!
Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
I just noticed this PR by MoonlightSentinel: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/10815 When you've got a test failure in fail_compilation, normally you'd get a dump of "expected output" and "actual output". Since this can be very long, it would make my eyes bleed trying to figure out what was actually different. I'd wind up cut/pasting the dump into separate files and then running a visual diff on that. This consumed a fair amount of time. What MoonlightSentinal has done is add a "diff" section to the "expected" and "actual" sections. It's already saved me a big chunk of time. Thank you!
MoonlightSentinel <moonlightsentinel disroot.org> writes:
On Saturday, 21 March 2020 at 01:51:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:I just noticed this PR by MoonlightSentinel: [..] Thank you!You're welcome, searching for those minor differences (e.g. 2u instead of 2UL) was just tedious.