www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Nodejs extension in D using N-API

reply Amin <aminyahyaabadi74 gmail.com> writes:
Is it also possible to use D with 
[`N-API`](https://github.com/nodejs/node-addon-api/), the newer 
interface Node-js recommends writing native addons in?

https://forum.dlang.org/post/tkblbdujrmzrpxjbzorb forum.dlang.org

On Friday, 5 January 2018 at 11:47:07 UTC, Ervin Bosenbacher 
wrote:
 Hi

 Just wanted to share how I have managed to interface node.js 
 with D using C++ bridge and NAN. So far I have been using C++ 
 and rust for this but for obvious reasons (that would be a long 
 story to explain) I wanted to go with D. One of the show 
 stoppers was the lack of well established (or I don't know if 
 that exists) library of framework to help with that.

 [...]
Mar 16
parent reply James Lu <jamtlu gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 00:25:08 UTC, Amin wrote:
 Is it also possible to use D with 
 [`N-API`](https://github.com/nodejs/node-addon-api/), the newer 
 interface Node-js recommends writing native addons in?

 https://forum.dlang.org/post/tkblbdujrmzrpxjbzorb forum.dlang.org

 On Friday, 5 January 2018 at 11:47:07 UTC, Ervin Bosenbacher 
 wrote:
 Hi

 Just wanted to share how I have managed to interface node.js 
 with D using C++ bridge and NAN. So far I have been using C++ 
 and rust for this but for obvious reasons (that would be a 
 long story to explain) I wanted to go with D. One of the show 
 stoppers was the lack of well established (or I don't know if 
 that exists) library of framework to help with that.

 [...]
I'm also interested in this. Perhaps use the "fastcall" library. Anyone have experience with Node<->D?
Mar 18
parent reply Imperatorn <johan_forsberg_86 hotmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 19:03:44 UTC, James Lu wrote:
 On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 00:25:08 UTC, Amin wrote:
 Is it also possible to use D with 
 [`N-API`](https://github.com/nodejs/node-addon-api/), the 
 newer interface Node-js recommends writing native addons in?

 https://forum.dlang.org/post/tkblbdujrmzrpxjbzorb forum.dlang.org

 On Friday, 5 January 2018 at 11:47:07 UTC, Ervin Bosenbacher 
 wrote:
 [...]
I'm also interested in this. Perhaps use the "fastcall" library. Anyone have experience with Node<->D?
https://code.dlang.org/packages/node_dlang https://forum.dlang.org/thread/tkblbdujrmzrpxjbzorb forum.dlang.org
Mar 18
parent Amin <aminyahyaabadi74 gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 19:13:27 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
 https://code.dlang.org/packages/node_dlang
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Mar 23