www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - A good name for a GUI library?

reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also use 
a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
"kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

I've come up with these ones so far:
- Mango (is it already used?)
- Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
- Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
- Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
mention fruit.

Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
Mar 11
next sibling parent reply Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What
Do you plan on working on retain-mode GUI library?
Mar 11
parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 11:25:07 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
 Do you plan on working on retain-mode GUI library?
Yes. I also plan to make it public on GitHub. It will be a cross-platform library (at least, possible to implement for WinAPI and X11).
Mar 11
parent reply Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 11:55:05 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 It will be a cross-platform library (at least, possible to 
 implement for WinAPI and X11).
have you seen my simpledisplay.d and minigui.d? http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/arsd.simpledisplay.html http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/arsd.minigui.html
Mar 11
parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 14:56:31 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
 have you seen my simpledisplay.d and minigui.d?
Well, it is nice. Some tutorials would be great. My goal is to create something like Qt. Big, usable and aesthetic (in terms of code)
Mar 11
next sibling parent reply Guillaume Piolat <first.name spam.org> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 15:54:49 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 My goal is to create something like Qt. Big, usable and 
 aesthetic (in terms of code)
Then the name should reflect the desired attributes: Big, Aestheic, Usable BAU if we turn Usable into Easy it becomes BAE aka the acronym for Before Anyone Else. So I'd says BAE UI.
Mar 11
parent Guillaume Piolat <first.name spam.org> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 17:03:38 UTC, Guillaume Piolat 
wrote:
 So I'd says BAE UI.
Of course the name's already taken: https://github.com/nkpgardose/bae-ui
Mar 11
prev sibling parent reply Abdulhaq <alynch4047 gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 15:54:49 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 My goal is to create something like Qt. Big, usable and 
 aesthetic (in terms of code)
A word of warning. Every now and again a developer stumbles into these forums, eyes blinking in the glare of D's clean lines and meta-programming power, and says "I'm going to reimplement Qt in D". It's a huge job that one person can't do on their own. I urge you to get a realistic expectation in place before starting. Which parts of Qt would you focus on first? Also, which platform (windows, linux, macos)?
Mar 14
parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 14 March 2021 at 11:47:59 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
 I urge you to get a realistic expectation in place before 
 starting. Which parts of Qt would you focus on first? Also, 
 which platform (windows, linux, macos)?
My roadmap is: 1. Create a framework with event-driven programming and a nice OOP entry point. (Reimplantation of QApplication class and event-flavoured C++). 2. Create a module called "platform". It will be a middle-level abstract interface to a system API. No pretty widget class hierarchy/string translations/advanced resource loading. Plain functions for creating, destroying, modifying widgets and some capabilities of drawing with OpenGL or whatever. Porting my library to a new platform might be as simple/hard as reimplementing "platform.d" I target: - easy use of both native and owner-drawn gui - easy use of native features (system notifications (as a sort of message boxes), window transparency, drag-and-drop) - Linux and Windows because I have them installed on my PC 3. Pretty widget class hierarchy that basically just glues up high-level (1) and middle-level (2) parts of the library. I target: - high extensibility (what about implementation of QML? MsExcel-like widget? Syntax highlighting in TextEdit? I probably won't do that, but I'll leave an opportunity for somebody else) - string translations, theming. ----------------------- That's all for now about how I feel Tharsis will be done.
Mar 14
next sibling parent reply rikki cattermole <rikki cattermole.co.nz> writes:
On 15/03/2021 12:57 PM, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 2. Create a module called "platform". It will be a middle-level abstract 
 interface to a system API. No pretty widget class hierarchy/string 
 translations/advanced resource loading. Plain functions for creating, 
 destroying, modifying widgets and some capabilities of drawing with 
 OpenGL or whatever.
 Porting my library to a new platform might be as simple/hard as 
 reimplementing "platform.d"
That is going to be a massive module. See: https://github.com/Devisualization/spew
Mar 14
parent Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 00:57:02 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
 That is going to be a massive module.

 See: https://github.com/Devisualization/spew
Doesn't D already have net/time things in phobos?
Mar 15
prev sibling next sibling parent Abdulhaq <alynch4047 gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 14 March 2021 at 23:57:26 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:

 My roadmap is:

 1. Create a framework with event-driven programming and a nice 
 OOP entry point. (Reimplantation of QApplication class and 
 event-flavoured C++).

 2. Create a module called "platform". It will be a middle-level 
 abstract interface to a system API. No pretty widget class 
 hierarchy/string translations/advanced resource loading. Plain 
 functions for creating, destroying, modifying widgets and some 
 capabilities of drawing with OpenGL or whatever.
 Porting my library to a new platform might be as simple/hard as 
 reimplementing "platform.d"

 I target:
 - easy use of both native and owner-drawn gui
 - easy use of native features (system notifications (as a sort 
 of message boxes), window transparency, drag-and-drop)
 - Linux and Windows because I have them installed on my PC

 3. Pretty widget class hierarchy that basically just glues up 
 high-level (1) and middle-level (2) parts of the library.

 I target:
 - high extensibility (what about implementation of QML? 
 MsExcel-like widget? Syntax highlighting in TextEdit? I 
 probably won't do that, but I'll leave an opportunity for 
 somebody else)
 - string translations, theming.
that should keep you busy for a while :-). When you say "native" GUI I'm guessing you mean Win32 for Windows / GTK for linux? Do you see OpenGL fitting in anywhere? I confess I'm out of touch for desktop GUI libraries because I'm currently working in the mobile platform arena with Flutter, and previously for all my desktop oriented work I've reached for Qt. It's exciting launching a big project like this and I wish you well. Please keep us updated, it would be very interesting to hear of the challenges you face as you go along, and the solutions you employ to get past them. If you write a blog I'd definitely follow along.
Mar 15
prev sibling parent reply Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 14 March 2021 at 23:57:26 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 drag-and-drop
I actually just recently did drag and drop in my simpledisplay.d... it isn't too hard but like a lot depends on what you'd do on linux. Would you wrap qt or gtk? or diy? I diy'd but that's not always the best for other people's preferences.
Mar 15
parent reply Jack <jckj33 gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 13:54:55 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
 On Sunday, 14 March 2021 at 23:57:26 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 drag-and-drop
I actually just recently did drag and drop in my simpledisplay.d... it isn't too hard but like a lot depends on what you'd do on linux. Would you wrap qt or gtk? or diy? I diy'd but that's not always the best for other people's preferences.
Drag and drop you mean like dragging controls from toolbox to form like Qt/Visual studo?
Mar 18
parent Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 16:17:47 UTC, Jack wrote:
 Drag and drop you mean like dragging controls from toolbox to 
 form like Qt/Visual studo?
I mean in the api, right now you can initiate a data drag and accept a data drop. I'm considering doing a drag and drop builder thing just I have to do foundational stuff first.
Mar 18
prev sibling next sibling parent Danny Arends <Danny.Arends gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
Just gonna suggest my favorite Martian topological place Medusae Fossae (MF) Medusae Fossae is one of the weirdest locations on Mars, with some people even speculating that it holds evidence of some sort of a UFO crash. The more likely explanation is it is a huge volcanic deposit, some one-fifth of the size of the United States. Over time, winds sculpted the rocks into some beautiful formations.
Mar 11
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Basile B. <b2.temp gmx.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
"LeInterface" Sounds like when an englishman tries to looks a bit french. "LeUI".
Mar 11
parent Basile B. <b2.temp gmx.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 14:41:20 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
 On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
"LeInterface" Sounds like when an englishman tries to looks a bit french. "LeUI".
eventually adds a "leu" suffix to sounds more Canadian. "Cte intefarce leu."
Mar 11
prev sibling next sibling parent Kagamin <spam here.lot> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/76_Freia rather that very name is associated with beauty, so if your library doesn't live up to expectation...
Mar 11
prev sibling next sibling parent Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library
Well, small compared to size of all GTK .dll files. However, not mini/nano/simple
Mar 11
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Imperatorn <johan_forsberg_86 hotmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
Is Ares taken? 🤔 AresUI
Mar 11
parent Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 16:36:00 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
 On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
Is Ares taken? 🤔 AresUI
Yes, unfortunately :(.
Mar 13
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
Will Jupiter be OK? Or Saturn?
Mar 13
parent reply Imperatorn <johan_forsberg_86 hotmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 13 March 2021 at 23:51:21 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
Will Jupiter be OK? Or Saturn?
- Olympus Mons, the largest volcano - Valles Marineris, one of the largest canyons in the Solar System - a large amount of underground ice in the Utopia Planitia region - the vast upland region Tharsis Tharsis UI 😎 Naming sux 😔
Mar 13
parent Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 14 March 2021 at 07:35:11 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
 - the vast upland region Tharsis
 Tharsis UI 😎
Tharsis UI is the best! Thanks 😊 \(^o^)/
Mar 14
prev sibling next sibling parent reply =?UTF-8?B?0JLQuNGC0LDQu9C40Lkg0KTQsNC0?= =?UTF-8?B?0LXQtdCy?= writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
UI UI + concept concept + UI FastUI DUI SmallUI ZeroCodeUI MouseDriwedUI MagneticUI What concept ? What an advantage ?
Mar 15
next sibling parent =?UTF-8?B?0JLQuNGC0LDQu9C40Lkg0KTQsNC0?= =?UTF-8?B?0LXQtdCy?= writes:
On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 11:47:16 UTC, Виталий Фадеев wrote:
 On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
UI UI + concept concept + UI FastUI DUI SmallUI ZeroCodeUI MouseDriwedUI MagneticUI What concept ? What an advantage ?
DG - D-lang Graphics
Mar 15
prev sibling parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 11:47:16 UTC, Виталий Фадеев wrote:
 UI
 UI + concept
 concept + UI
 FastUI
 DUI
 SmallUI
 ZeroCodeUI
 MouseDriwedUI
 MagneticUI

 What concept ?
 What an advantage ?
Main concepts: Event-driven Programming Inside Crazy D code ------------ EpicD EpicD is not taken yet. Should I take it?
Mar 15
parent Jack <jckj33 gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 15:10:25 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 11:47:16 UTC, Виталий Фадеев wrote:
 UI
 UI + concept
 concept + UI
 FastUI
 DUI
 SmallUI
 ZeroCodeUI
 MouseDriwedUI
 MagneticUI

 What concept ?
 What an advantage ?
Main concepts: Event-driven Programming Inside Crazy D code ------------ EpicD EpicD is not taken yet. Should I take it?
EpicD sounds the coolest I've read
Mar 18
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
This reminds me of a famous quote by a genius: "The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language will not succeed without a good name." -- Donald Knuth
Mar 15
parent reply Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 13:38:01 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
 On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
 - Rowan (i like it; could be shorten to "rw")
 - Feijoa (complicated, however, could be shorten to nice "fj")
 - Pumpkin (also could be "pmk")

 Why fruit? Well, that are just my names. You don't have to 
 mention fruit.

 Any beautiful words associated with Mars?
This reminds me of a famous quote by a genius: "The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language will not succeed without a good name." -- Donald Knuth
Actually, that was not a full quote... The full quote is the following - "The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language will not succeed without a good name. I have recently invented a very good name and now I am looking for a suitable language."
Mar 15
parent Bastiaan Veelo <Bastiaan Veelo.net> writes:
On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 13:39:18 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
 On Monday, 15 March 2021 at 13:38:01 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
 This reminds me of a famous quote by a genius:

 "The most important thing in the programming language is the 
 name. A language will not succeed without a good name." -- 
 Donald Knuth
Actually, that was not a full quote... The full quote is the following - "The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language will not succeed without a good name. I have recently invented a very good name and now I am looking for a suitable language."
Now I wonder what the name was, and whether he ever found the language to match. Web? Metafont? TeX? — Bastiaan
Mar 16
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest? I can also 
 use a shortened form (for instance, if the lib is called 
 "kaleidoscope", i can use only "kd").

 I've come up with these ones so far:
 - Mango (is it already used?)
FYI, there were two projects called Mango [1] and Ares [2] back in the days (D1 days). These two projects joined efforts and became Tango [3]. Not sure if it matters since it was so long ago. [1] http://dsource.org/projects/mango [2] http://dsource.org/projects/ares [3] http://dsource.org/projects/tango -- /Jacob Carlborg
Mar 17
parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 09:50:53 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
 FYI, there were two projects called Mango [1] and Ares [2] back 
 in the days (D1 days). These two projects joined efforts and 
 became Tango [3]. Not sure if it matters since it was so long 
 ago.

 [1] http://dsource.org/projects/mango
 [2] http://dsource.org/projects/ares
 [3] http://dsource.org/projects/tango

 --
 /Jacob Carlborg
Thanks, so now I have only two candidates: [1] Tharsis (a nice place on Mars) [2] EpicD (ideological) I would stick with [2] EpicD.
Mar 17
parent reply Bastiaan Veelo <Bastiaan Veelo.net> writes:
On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 11:17:50 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 Thanks, so now I have only two candidates:

 [1] Tharsis (a nice place on Mars)
Somehow gives me associations with “catharsis”, which I doubt all programmers think with fondness of...
 [2] EpicD (ideological)

 I would stick with [2] EpicD.
“Epic” = “an exceptionally long and arduous task or activity” (a.o. meanings). Seems fitting, given the scope of the endeavour ;-) EpicD though sounds to me more like a language variant like Safe D or Better C, not so much a library. — Bastiaan.
Mar 17
parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 12:18:42 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
 “Epic” = “an exceptionally long and arduous task or activity” 
 (a.o. meanings). Seems fitting, given the scope of the 
 endeavour ;-) EpicD though sounds to me more like a language 
 variant like Safe D or Better C, not so much a library.

 — Bastiaan.
Well... Having a small experience in GUI programming in other languages (Python, Tcl, C++), I can say that GUI essentially changes the programming style, especially Qt that modifies C++ classes with slots and signals. Anyway, here is a little experiment with the names: // Import modules from TharsisUI import tharsis.application; import tharsis.widget; import tharsis.window; // Import modules from EpicD import epicd.application; import epicd.widget; import epicd.window; Visually Tharsis is more beautiful.
Mar 17
parent reply drug <drug2004 bk.ru> writes:
On 3/17/21 3:39 PM, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 12:18:42 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
 “Epic” = “an exceptionally long and arduous task or activity” (a.o. 
 meanings). Seems fitting, given the scope of the endeavour ;-) EpicD 
 though sounds to me more like a language variant like Safe D or Better 
 C, not so much a library.

 — Bastiaan.
Well... Having a small experience in GUI programming in other languages (Python, Tcl, C++), I can say that GUI essentially changes the programming style, especially Qt that modifies C++ classes with slots and signals. Anyway, here is a little experiment with the names: // Import modules from TharsisUI import tharsis.application; import tharsis.widget; import tharsis.window; // Import modules from EpicD import epicd.application; import epicd.widget; import epicd.window; Visually Tharsis is more beautiful.
https://code.dlang.org/search?q=tharsis Do you want to release your lib recently?
Mar 17
parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 13:58:00 UTC, drug wrote:
 https://code.dlang.org/search?q=tharsis

 Do you want to release your lib recently?
Aw. No, that is not me.
Mar 17
parent Imperatorn <johan_forsberg_86 hotmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 17:51:02 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 13:58:00 UTC, drug wrote:
 https://code.dlang.org/search?q=tharsis

 Do you want to release your lib recently?
Aw. No, that is not me.
Tharsis sounds cooler than epicD tho 😁
Mar 18
prev sibling next sibling parent Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 What easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest?
What about: Loot - tool but reversed Dima - random name DMA - from Dima but without i
Mar 18
prev sibling next sibling parent reply ShadoLight <ettienne.gilbert gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest?
[..] Completely arbitrary... GUInness ...or, if you don't like the association with a (very yummy) Irish beer... MeGUIn
Mar 18
parent Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 12:30:05 UTC, ShadoLight wrote:
 On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 10:59:11 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 I've got an idea of a small GUI library as a pet project. What 
 easy-to-type, short and nice name you can suggest?
[..] Completely arbitrary... GUInness
Drop one 'n': GUIness I like that. Potentially evokes goodness and Guinness at the same time for those with the proper frame of mind.
Mar 18
prev sibling parent reply Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 22 March 2021 at 09:01:28 UTC, ElzaJ wrote:
 I'm not a developer myself, so I can't help you with this 
 issue. But I can recommend you my IT partners. They are 
 updating my site to newer technology 
 https://itmaster-soft.com/en/angular-development-services Maybe 
 they will be able to help you too
Thanks, but I don't need help yet. I need a great name to call that. Here are candidates to choose from: 1. Kylo 2. EpicD 3. Rowan 4. Loot 5. Hippo 6. Something more?
Mar 22
parent Mark Lagodych <lgd.mrk gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 22 March 2021 at 09:54:48 UTC, Mark Lagodych wrote:
 Here are candidates to choose from:
 1. Kylo
 2. EpicD
 3. Rowan
 4. Loot
 5. Hippo
 6. Something more?
Actually, Kylo UI already exists :(
Mar 22