digitalmars.D - dmd versions

reply "Bent Rasmussen" <exo bent-rasmussen.info> writes:
Is there a place where one can download the previous versions of DMD? E.g.
0.90+.
Jul 09 2004
parent reply Andrew <Andrew_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <ccm7rv$2iap$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Bent Rasmussen says...
Is there a place where one can download the previous versions of DMD? E.g.
0.90+.
NO!
Jul 09 2004
parent reply Gold Dragon <dragonwing dragonu.net> writes:
Andrew wrote:
 In article <ccm7rv$2iap$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Bent Rasmussen says...

Is there a place where one can download the previous versions of DMD? E.g.
0.90+.
NO!
Why the hell not?
Jul 09 2004
next sibling parent Andrew <Andrew_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <ccmicb$31ih$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Gold Dragon says...
Andrew wrote:
 In article <ccm7rv$2iap$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Bent Rasmussen says...

Is there a place where one can download the previous versions of DMD? E.g.
0.90+.
NO!
Why the hell not?
Don't know really! Maybe Walter can help you with the answer you are looking for! However, I'd say it's because you weren't smart enough to save the previous versions just in case you needed to revert back. Andrew
Jul 09 2004
Andrew wrote:
 In article <ccm7rv$2iap$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Bent Rasmussen says...

Is there a place where one can download the previous versions of DMD? E.g.
0.90+.
NO!
Why the hell not?
Andrew: DMD v0.92 is the oldest one I still have at home, but if you want it please send me a message to my email above, with an email addry you what me to sent the dmd.zip and dmc.zip to. I don't mind helping out another D programmer. :)) ------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!"
Jul 09 2004
next sibling parent "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
I've got 0.73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 86, 87, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93,
94, 95

(I've probably got earlier versions on the other server as well.)

I'm quite happy to pass these on, assuming Walter has no objections.

May dsource.org could host previous versions? (Again, this would require
Walter's
consent.)

news:ccmsdo$fgh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
Andrew wrote:
 In article <ccm7rv$2iap$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Bent Rasmussen says...

Is there a place where one can download the previous versions of DMD? E.g.
0.90+.
NO!
Why the hell not?
Andrew: DMD v0.92 is the oldest one I still have at home, but if you want it please send me a message to my email above, with an email addry you what me to sent the dmd.zip and dmc.zip to. I don't mind helping out another D programmer. :)) ------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!"
Jul 09 2004
In article <ccmsdo$fgh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, David L. Davis says...
Andrew wrote:
 In article <ccm7rv$2iap$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Bent Rasmussen says...

Is there a place where one can download the previous versions of DMD? E.g.
0.90+.
NO!
Why the hell not?
Andrew: DMD v0.92 is the oldest one I still have at home, but if you want it please send me a message to my email above, with an email addry you what me to sent the dmd.zip and dmc.zip to. I don't mind helping out another D programmer. :))
Nor do I David! I was just slightly preturbed by the rigors of my day job prior to visiting the site... It just added fuel to fire when Gold Dragan responded "Why the hell not?". My apologies! Andrew
Jul 09 2004
parent reply Gold Dragon <dragonwing dragonu.net> writes:
I meant downloading the latest version of the compiler. I don't much
care for the previous version. I would think "v.90+" meant versions .90,
.91, and on up. I guess he should of said "v.90-" or "-v.90". I would of
rather liked to have the latest as it makes more sense with bug fixes
and new features.

I don't really understand the reason behind wanting anything below the
latest. Then again most people don't understand me so we are even.
Jul 11 2004
next sibling parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Gold Dragon wrote:

 I meant downloading the latest version of the compiler. I don't much
 care for the previous version. I would think "v.90+" meant versions
 .90, .91, and on up. I guess he should of said "v.90-" or "-v.90". I
 would of rather liked to have the latest as it makes more sense with
 bug fixes and new features.

 I don't really understand the reason behind wanting anything below the
 latest. Then again most people don't understand me so we are even.
If you have something that worked in an old version, you may not want to update to a later version where it no-longer works anymore. At least in the short term. For example you may be waiting for some user to update their libs for the latest version, in the mean time you continue to use the old version. Also, in some cases newer versions of DMD have new bugs that effect old code. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Jul 11 2004
prev sibling parent "Bent Rasmussen" <exo bent-rasmussen.info> writes:
 I don't really understand the reason behind wanting anything below the
 latest. Then again most people don't understand me so we are even.
Perhaps you should assume there is a sufficient reason. It might be to check for a possible compiler regression or it might be to make something work temporarily that turned out to work differently in a newer version.
Jul 11 2004