digitalmars.D - Yikes! Librarian error - Help

reply Arcane Jill <Arcane_member pathlink.com> writes:
With this command line:

I got this error message:

www.digitalmars.com

What does this mean, and how can I fix it?
Arcane Jill
Jul 05 2004
parent reply Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
Has happened before.

http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?c%2B%2B.command-line/354

-eye

Arcane Jill schrieb:

 With this command line:

 I got this error message:

 www.digitalmars.com

 What does this mean, and how can I fix it?
 Arcane Jill

Jul 05 2004
parent reply Arcane Jill <Arcane_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cccjts$e2s$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ilya Minkov says...
Has happened before.

http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?c%2B%2B.command-line/354
Okay, so apparently Walter said:
The pagesize is an unfortunate artifact of the ancient lib file format.
Just set it to a large size and leave it at that.
But he didn't say HOW to do this.
Arcane Jill schrieb:

 With this command line:

 I got this error message:

 www.digitalmars.com

 What does this mean, and how can I fix it?
 Arcane Jill
Again, /HOW/ can I fix it? How - exactly - do I change the "page size" (whatever that is) from 16 to something else. Command line parameters? Magic wand? The Unicode project is dead in the water unless someone can tell me how I can make the library without getting that error. Thanks in advance Jill
Jul 06 2004
next sibling parent Sam McCall <tunah.d tunah.net> writes:
Arcane Jill wrote:
With this command line:

I got this error message:

www.digitalmars.com

What does this mean, and how can I fix it?
Arcane Jill
Again, /HOW/ can I fix it? How - exactly - do I change the "page size" (whatever that is) from 16 to something else. Command line parameters? Magic wand?
No idea what the page size is, but lib -h says: -pnnn set page size to nnn (a power of 2) So i guess you just try -p64, -p128 untill something works :-\ Sam
Jul 06 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Arcane Jill" <Arcane_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:ccdlt1$1uta$1 digitaldaemon.com...
The pagesize is an unfortunate artifact of the ancient lib file format.
Just set it to a large size and leave it at that.
But he didn't say HOW to do this.
From the lib manual at www.digitalmars.com/ctg/lib.html: -pnnn Set page size to nnn (a power of 2). Try 256.
Jul 06 2004
parent Arcane Jill <Arcane_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cceivk$f0a$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
From the lib manual at www.digitalmars.com/ctg/lib.html:

-pnnn
Set page size to nnn (a power of 2).

Try 256.
Phew. Thank you very much Walter, and everybody else who answered. This project is slow work, but I've actually built a unicode library now! But alas I did it by hand, so the next stage will be to tweak the codebuilder to generate the instructions which build the library so the whole thing can go automated. Once THAT's done I can release the whole damn lot including the codebuilder, a prebuilt library and fast-linking D header files, and then at last we'll have some usable Unicode. I know Hauke wants to look at the codebuilder and maybe tweak it a bit. Also, I'll need a volunteer (hands up anybody) to tweak the final stage of the codebuilder, because I can only persuade it to build for Windows. I'll need the help of a Linux guru to make the Linux version. But I've written enough code for today. I'm going to stop for now. It can all wait until tomorrow. Jill
Jul 06 2004