digitalmars.D - InterfaceTemplates

reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sigbj=F8rn_Lund_Olsen?= <sigbjorn lundolsen.net> writes:
It wasn't mentioned in the docs, but I had a slight inkling that it
might be the case that one could have InterfaceTemplates using the same
syntax as ClassTemplates (ie class ClassName(T) : [superclass [,
interfaces] <classbody>). The following example compiled and ran
correctly, outputting "1\n4\n" as expected. Perhaps this warrants a
mention in the documentation under Templates, alongside "Class Templates"?

// begin test.d

interface Foo(T)
{
    int aFunction(T anArgument);
}

class Bar(T) : Foo!(T)
{
    int aFunction(T anArgument)
    {
       return anArgument.size;

int main(char[][] args)
{
    Bar!(ubyte) one = new Bar!(ubyte);
    Bar!(int) two = new Bar!(int);

    ubyte oneVar = 16;
    int twoVar = 400000;

    printf("%i\n%i\n", one.aFunction(oneVar), two.aFunction(twoVar));

    return 0;
}

// end test.d
Jun 12 2004
parent "The Dr ... who?" <thedr who.com> writes:
Nice.

[btw, and please tell me to shove it if this seems rude, but I'm fascinated at
the pronunciation of your name. Any chance you could give me a little phonetic
pronunciation? :-) (I'm one of the few residents of Australia that goes crazy
when the newsreaders mispronounce "foreign" names; the BBC it ain't!!) ]

news:caffuc$2vtp$1 digitaldaemon.com...