digitalmars.D - properties as lvalues

reply cschueler <cschueler_member pathlink.com> writes:
From the specs:

Note: Properties currently cannot be the lvalue of an op=, ++, or -- operator.

This strikes me, as I thought this was very easy to do - just have the access
function return a reference to the value. Oh wait, there are no references in D
(at least I didn't find them in the specs)? I think C++ has explicit references
for a reason, and this might be a hint why this is so.
May 13 2006
next sibling parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"cschueler" <cschueler_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:e45s4n$2sf8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 From the specs: