digitalmars.D - DDoc for aliases.

reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Julio_C=E9sar_Carrascal_Urquijo?= writes:
Hi.

Just realized that aliases can't be currently documented using DDoc. The
following code doesn't generate any documentation:

void setFillRule(FillRule fillRule)

/**
  * SeeAlso: setFillRule.
  */
alias setFillRule fillRule;

It's this by design or just an overlook?

Thanks.
Feb 09 2006
next sibling parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Julio César Carrascal Urquijo" <jcesar phreaker.net> wrote in message
news:dsh3cb$29f$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi.

 Just realized that aliases can't be currently documented using DDoc. The
 following code doesn't generate any documentation:

 void setFillRule(FillRule fillRule)

 /**
  * SeeAlso: setFillRule.
  */
 alias setFillRule fillRule;

 It's this by design or just an overlook?
I think it has to do with when the documentation is generated in the compilation sequence. I think aliases have been resolved by the time the docs are generated. You'll also notice that if you do something like alias int fork /// This is a fork. fork x; The type of the variable will come out as "int" in the documentation.
Feb 10 2006
prev sibling parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
It's a bug.
Feb 13 2006
parent =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Julio_C=E9sar_Carrascal_Urquijo?= writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 It's a bug.

Cool. That means it will be fixed and I won't loose the 46 doc comments for aliases I wrote for Cairo4D before realizing this. :D Isn't alias great? I love it!.
Feb 15 2006