digitalmars.D - Happy Christmas to the D NG

reply "Matthew" <matthew hat.stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
Just wanted to say hi, happy christmas, and that I'm looking forward to
seeing you all again regularly in the new year and getting back into D. (I'm
nearly done with XSTL volume 1, so expect me sometime around March.)

Yule logs and brandy sauce for everyone!

Matthew

P.S. There's a little pressie from Addison-Wesley to anyone interested in
Threading at http://www.awprofessional.com/
Dec 22 2005
next sibling parent reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
Merry Christmas, looking forward to some good discussion in March.

If you happen to write a D book, I'll be one of the first in line to
grab a copy. : )

~ Clay

Matthew wrote:
 Just wanted to say hi, happy christmas, and that I'm looking forward to
 seeing you all again regularly in the new year and getting back into D. (I'm
 nearly done with XSTL volume 1, so expect me sometime around March.)

 Yule logs and brandy sauce for everyone!

 Matthew

 P.S. There's a little pressie from Addison-Wesley to anyone interested in
 Threading at http://www.awprofessional.com/

Dec 22 2005
parent "Matthew" <matthew hat.stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"clayasaurus" <clayasaurus gmail.com> wrote in message
news:dofta8$nd0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Merry Christmas, looking forward to some good discussion in March.

 If you happen to write a D book, I'll be one of the first in line to
 grab a copy. : )
Well, I've not consulted with big-W on this precise subject in a while, but as far as I know, and as far as I'm concerned, it's still on. My current estimation is that I'll be finished with XSTL vol 1 in Jan. Then I have to do some real work - money in the bank, food on the table, etc., - for my current client (who's been kind enough to give me five weeks' off to finish XSTL vol 1). Then XSTL vol 2, which is already pretty much half done, by April/May. I expect and intend to be reviving DTL to a non-trivial degree in order to talk about it in vol 2 (although both volumes are already bursting at the seams <g>), so that'll get my feet Down anD Dirty again. Then a holiday. After that, I'm not crystal on what's happening next, as for one thing we're considering exploring some opportunities for overseas employment that've come up over the last year or two, but I would like to get the D book done next year. (I'm also possibly doing a book for Scott Meyers' series, so who knows really, which would about monolith breaking - IC++ readers will get this ref - in both C++ and the only other language in which the techniques I've been developing for monolith-breaking can be expressed. You can guess which. ;-). It's a mad world!) Anyway, I note your intention to purchase the D book, so shall unfairly attempt to use it as leverage for you to purchase XSTL vol 2 when it hits the shelves, and laud it your C++ and non-C++ friends alike! ;-) Toodle-oo Matthew
Dec 22 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Chris Miller" <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
Happy Festivus for the rest of us.
Dec 23 2005
parent "Matthew" <matthew hat.stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
Yes, it's a puzzler. How sad that a time when we should all be merry and
good-will-ing-to-all-men (and women, I would hope) that there are more and
more unseemly arguments about terminology between the two wretched dogs of
Religious Dogma and Political Correctness Dogma (neither of which I have any
truck with, I might say). [To anyone who's not witness to this in their own
realm, I should comment that the lower strata of media Down Under have been
making great play this season of the conflict between the rabid proponents
of their respective hubris. I love watching people who insist on making
others miserable for the common good. Gotta love the 21st century
politic/Politic ...]

Anyway, faced with these unpleasant alternatives I stuck with "Christmas",
which is a term that evokes nice memories from my childhood. To each, feel
free to substitute whatever alternative you like.

So to rephrase: To everyone, whether you believe in one god, many gods, no
god, or are just awaiting any scrap of evidence to dissuade you from your
acceptable physical explanations for L,TU+E, I hope you are all very well at
this time, and that you continue to be so, and not let any current malaises
in the world trouble you in your wellness.

:-)

news:op.s19zmgmxpo9bzi moe...