digitalmars.D - dsource.org appears to be down

reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/ and http://www.dsource.org/forums arn't
working for me, and I can't access the svn. Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

~ Clay
Dec 16 2005
next sibling parent reply Hasan Aljudy <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> writes:
clayasaurus wrote:
 http://www.dsource.org/projects/ and http://www.dsource.org/forums arn't
 working for me, and I can't access the svn. Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

 ~ Clay
I get a messege saying: phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database
Dec 16 2005
parent reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
Hasan Aljudy wrote:
 clayasaurus wrote:

 http://www.dsource.org/projects/ and http://www.dsource.org/forums
 arn't working for me, and I can't access the svn. Anyone know what's
 up? Thanks.

 ~ Clay
I get a messege saying: phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database
I found this on google, http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=8860. I'm just curious to know what's up, that's all. ~ Clay
Dec 16 2005
parent pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dnvpr0$31gp$1 digitaldaemon.com>, clayasaurus says...
Hasan Aljudy wrote:
 clayasaurus wrote:

 http://www.dsource.org/projects/ and http://www.dsource.org/forums
 arn't working for me, and I can't access the svn. Anyone know what's
 up? Thanks.

 ~ Clay
I get a messege saying: phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database
I found this on google, http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=8860. I'm just curious to know what's up, that's all.
Quoth the link: #Then either of the following may be true; If you try to bring up any of the trac project pages, you get a stream of python errors than end with this: in __init__ #OperationalError: FATAL: connection limit exceeded for non-superusers So it looks like dsource.org's database is down. I hope everything over there is okay. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Dec 16 2005
prev sibling parent reply John Demme <me teqdruid.com> writes:
The MySQL server appears to be down... I'm pretty sure Brad uses the MySQL
database for authentication, so when that goes down...

~John

clayasaurus wrote:

 http://www.dsource.org/projects/ and http://www.dsource.org/forums arn't
 working for me, and I can't access the svn. Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

 ~ Clay
Dec 16 2005
next sibling parent Tom <Tom_member pathlink.com> writes:
Postgres rules!!! :P

In article <dnvv5g$2s1$1 digitaldaemon.com>, John Demme says...

prev sibling parent reply J C Calvarese <technocrat7 gmail.com> writes:
In article <dnvv5g$2s1$1 digitaldaemon.com>, John Demme says...
The MySQL server appears to be down... I'm pretty sure Brad uses the MySQL
database for authentication, so when that goes down...

~John
Dsource.org definitely used MySQL in the beginning, but I think Brad switched everything to Postgre a while back. jcc7
Dec 16 2005
parent reply Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
I'm w/ Tom and JCC - Postgres rules, except for this case.  I had to
restart it this AM, and this PM, so something is up.  Maybe the new
version of Trac I put down?  Dunno, but it's disconcerting.

All involved, send email to me at the following:

brad dsource.org
brad sankaty.com
brad mirus.com

Those should reach me in case the server is absolutely hosed and postfix
is down as well.  Hopefully someone in the Trac world solves the issue...

BA

P.S.  Tomorrow, if it goes down, I may not be able to help, as I'll be
rooting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to victory over the New England
Patriots... those facists.

J C Calvarese wrote:
 In article <dnvv5g$2s1$1 digitaldaemon.com>, John Demme says...
 The MySQL server appears to be down... I'm pretty sure Brad uses the MySQL
 database for authentication, so when that goes down...

 ~John
Dsource.org definitely used MySQL in the beginning, but I think Brad switched everything to Postgre a while back. jcc7
Dec 16 2005
next sibling parent reply J C Calvarese <technocrat7 gmail.com> writes:
In article <do0b6j$f42$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Brad Anderson says...
I'm w/ Tom and JCC - Postgres rules, except for this case.  I had to
restart it this AM, and this PM, so something is up.  Maybe the new
version of Trac I put down?  Dunno, but it's disconcerting.

All involved, send email to me at the following:

brad dsource.org
brad sankaty.com
brad mirus.com

Those should reach me in case the server is absolutely hosed and postfix
is down as well.  Hopefully someone in the Trac world solves the issue...

BA
Okay, I'll try to make a mental note of this for the future. The dsource.org server is really reliable when you consider it's basically a one-man operation. jcc7
Dec 16 2005
parent pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <do0cmt$g9d$1 digitaldaemon.com>, J C Calvarese says...
In article <do0b6j$f42$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Brad Anderson says...
I'm w/ Tom and JCC - Postgres rules, except for this case.  I had to
restart it this AM, and this PM, so something is up.  Maybe the new
version of Trac I put down?  Dunno, but it's disconcerting.

All involved, send email to me at the following:

brad dsource.org
brad sankaty.com
brad mirus.com

Those should reach me in case the server is absolutely hosed and postfix
is down as well.  Hopefully someone in the Trac world solves the issue...

BA
Okay, I'll try to make a mental note of this for the future. The dsource.org server is really reliable when you consider it's basically a one-man operation.
I'll second that. Brad, if you're thinking about publishing a best-practicies book for server/site administration, I'd be first in line to buy a copy. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Dec 17 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent "Kris" <fu bar.com> writes:
Ack ...

The server is down again. Error messages seem to indicate that connection
handles are not being released properly?

- Kris

news:do0b6j$f42$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 J C Calvarese wrote:
[...]

The dsource.org database seems to be down again. I've sent e-mail to Brad, but he might be in the middle of his football game. jcc7
Dec 17 2005
parent reply "Kris" <fu bar.com> writes:
Boiyoiyoiyoiyoing!

Back up again :-)

"J C Calvarese" <technocrat7 gmail.com> wrote in message
news:do2d3l$2e7k$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Kris wrote:
 Boiyoiyoiyoiyoing!

 Back up again :-)
Did it fix itself? Or did Brad work his magic on it.

[...]

next sibling parent reply "Kris" <fu bar.com> writes:
I imagine he booted the server from the comfort of his sofa, whilst the
Patriots were attempting to boot a football ...

"clayasaurus" <clayasaurus gmail.com> wrote in message
news:do2gde$2kq7$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Kris wrote:
 I imagine he booted the server from the comfort of his sofa, whilst the
 Patriots were attempting to boot a football ...
Grrr. Patriots demolished my Buccaneers. As for dsource, the connections are purposefully not being released b/c of connection pooling. I have to see if pooling is required for the volume each project will get. i.e. the number of connections per, and then making sure that the max-connections setting for Postgres is set to handle it. There may be a leak in the phpBB side, or the php side of dsource, but hopefully that goes away soon. Thanks for your patience while I solve this. BA
Dec 18 2005
parent Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
Brad Anderson wrote:
 Kris wrote:
 I imagine he booted the server from the comfort of his sofa, whilst
 the Patriots were attempting to boot a football ...
Grrr. Patriots demolished my Buccaneers. As for dsource, the connections are purposefully not being released b/c of connection pooling. I have to see if pooling is required for the volume each project will get. i.e. the number of connections per, and then making sure that the max-connections setting for Postgres is set to handle it. There may be a leak in the phpBB side, or the php side of dsource, but hopefully that goes away soon. Thanks for your patience while I solve this.
It's not a solution, but what about a monitor process that restarts the DB or whatever when the website becomes unresponsive? Sean
Dec 18 2005
prev sibling parent J C Calvarese <technocrat7 gmail.com> writes:
In article <do2gde$2kq7$1 digitaldaemon.com>, clayasaurus says...
Kris wrote:
 Boiyoiyoiyoiyoing!

 Back up again :-)
Did it fix itself? Or did Brad work his magic on it.
I think Brad had to fix it. He's investigating the situation and has a theory of what's causing the problem. jcc7
Dec 17 2005