digitalmars.D - What happend to Matthew?

reply Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
What happened to Matthew Wilson? He was once a regular contributor to
this news group.  I really enjoyed his comments, and miss them.

Has he given up on D? I hope not. He is a good D ambassador,
particularly in the C++ community (via the C++ user journal for example).

Jason
Nov 29 2005
next sibling parent clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
His last post in the d.D.dtl newsgroup explains what he has been up to.

Jason Mills wrote:
 What happened to Matthew Wilson? He was once a regular contributor to
 this news group.  I really enjoyed his comments, and miss them.

 Has he given up on D? I hope not. He is a good D ambassador,
 particularly in the C++ community (via the C++ user journal for example).

 Jason
Nov 29 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "John C" <johnch_atms hotmail.com> writes:
"Jason Mills" <jmills cs.mun.ca> wrote in message
news:dmij38$29q6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 What happened to Matthew Wilson? He was once a regular contributor to this
 news group.  I really enjoyed his comments, and miss them.

 Has he given up on D? I hope not. He is a good D ambassador, particularly
 in the C++ community (via the C++ user journal for example).

 Jason
Busy writing his C++ books: http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D.dtl/472
Nov 29 2005
parent Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
John C wrote:

 Busy writing his C++ books:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D.dtl/472

Guess I should subscribe to digitalmars.D.dtl ;-) Jason
Nov 29 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply John Reimer <terminal.node gmail.com> writes:
Jason Mills wrote:
 What happened to Matthew Wilson? He was once a regular contributor to
 this news group.  I really enjoyed his comments, and miss them.

 Has he given up on D? I hope not. He is a good D ambassador,
 particularly in the C++ community (via the C++ user journal for example).

 Jason
I think he'll be back. He said he would (and I really hope he does). There's certainly more to discuss now than before. And he certainly packed some punch with his comments. Although, I think he had quite a few of us running around wringing our hands when we were faced with his innate _inability_ to equivocate on matters. Oh my, what to do?! ;) I do miss him, indeed. :) -JJR
Nov 29 2005
parent Georg Wrede <georg.wrede nospam.org> writes:
John Reimer wrote:
 Jason Mills wrote:

 What happened to Matthew Wilson? He was once a regular contributor
 to this news group.  I really enjoyed his comments, and miss them.

 Has he given up on D? I hope not. He is a good D ambassador,
 particularly in the C++ community (via the C++ user journal for
 example).
I think he'll be back. He said he would (and I really hope he does). There's certainly more to discuss now than before. And he certainly packed some punch with his comments. Although, I think he had quite a few of us running around wringing our hands when we were faced with his innate _inability_ to equivocate on matters. Oh my, what to do?! ;) I do miss him, indeed. :)
Wrote to him a few weeks back, he said he'll definitely be back, but right now he's doing some Real Work to get bread for the family, and he's writing a couple of books. But he will be back "soon".
Nov 30 2005
prev sibling parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Jason Mills" <jmills cs.mun.ca> wrote in message
news:dmij38$29q6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 What happened to Matthew Wilson?
He's resumed posting a couple threads down!
Nov 30 2005