digitalmars.D - Video for Windows

reply Trevor Parscal <Trevor_member pathlink.com> writes:
I am working on a system that uses two webcams to track an object's position in
3D space. I havn't been able to find any Video for Windows libraries for D. Does
anyone know of a binding in existance for windows or linux that could help get a
webcam's image into the software?

Thanks,
Trevor Parscal
Nov 25 2005
next sibling parent reply James Dunne <james.jdunne gmail.com> writes:
Trevor Parscal wrote:
 I am working on a system that uses two webcams to track an object's position in
 3D space. I havn't been able to find any Video for Windows libraries for D.
Does
 anyone know of a binding in existance for windows or linux that could help get
 webcam's image into the software?

 Thanks,
 Trevor Parscal
What about your OS? =P I suffer the same problems.
Nov 25 2005
parent Trevor Parscal <Trevor_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dm8tpm$97j$1 digitaldaemon.com>, James Dunne says...
Trevor Parscal wrote:
 I am working on a system that uses two webcams to track an object's position in
 3D space. I havn't been able to find any Video for Windows libraries for D.
Does
 anyone know of a binding in existance for windows or linux that could help get
 webcam's image into the software?

 Thanks,
 Trevor Parscal
What about your OS? =P I suffer the same problems.
I was actually working on Titan today.. But - i was thinking about the 3D interface, and I suppose I get side-tracked... I actually intend on implimenting a new human interface system into the OS... I suppose I want the OS to not be designed only for the keyboard and mouse, but for anything... More dimensions perhaps. But - Fear NOT! Titan and Terra are actually getting some attention this holiday, and should throughout december. Thanks, Trevor Parscal
Nov 26 2005
prev sibling parent "John C" <johnch_atms hotmail.com> writes:
"Trevor Parscal" <Trevor_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dm87hs$25in$1 digitaldaemon.com...
I am working on a system that uses two webcams to track an object's
position in
 3D space. I havn't been able to find any Video for Windows libraries for
 D. Does
 anyone know of a binding in existance for windows or linux that could help
 get a
 webcam's image into the software?

 Thanks,
 Trevor Parscal
On Windows, I know that both VfW and DirectShow can be used to capture webcam images. I know it's not what you're after, but here's a reference for the former: http://tinyurl.com/863rp. And here's a (C++) sample for the latter: http://www.codeproject.com/audio/DXCapture.asp
Nov 26 2005