digitalmars.D - DMD on Fedora 4

reply Trevor Parscal <Trevor_member pathlink.com> writes:
I think I posted in the wrong group already, but.. ok..

So I have used DMD on RedHat 9, it worked great. Now I am using Fedora 4, and
it's  being problematic because it doesnt have version 5 of libstdc++.so, but
rather it has version 6.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Trevor Parscal
Oct 19 2005
next sibling parent reply David Rushby <David_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dj4trv$16jp$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Trevor Parscal says...
So I have used DMD on RedHat 9, it worked great. Now I am using Fedora 4, and
it's  being problematic because it doesnt have version 5 of libstdc++.so, but
rather it has version 6.
Install the 'compat-libstdc++' rpm package?
Oct 19 2005
parent reply Trevor Parscal <Trevor_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dj6bpm$2ps$1 digitaldaemon.com>, David Rushby says...
In article <dj4trv$16jp$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Trevor Parscal says...
So I have used DMD on RedHat 9, it worked great. Now I am using Fedora 4, and
it's  being problematic because it doesnt have version 5 of libstdc++.so, but
rather it has version 6.
Install the 'compat-libstdc++' rpm package?
I did just that before you mentioned it... It worked.. Sometimes I ask dumb questions... Now I am wondering why shell scripts are acting up in Fedora 4.... Anyone seen this behavior: When I use file paths as arguments to a program, like "dmd Program.d" it can't find the file... Even when it's obviously there... I tried doing a cd to the directory using a root based path, and it did the same.. Don't know what's with that... And yes, I googled the hell out of it.. :) Thanks, Trevor Parscal
Oct 19 2005
next sibling parent =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jari-Matti_M=E4kel=E4?= <jmjmak invalid_utu.fi> writes:
Trevor Parscal wrote:
 In article <dj6bpm$2ps$1 digitaldaemon.com>, David Rushby says...

In article <dj4trv$16jp$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Trevor Parscal says...

So I have used DMD on RedHat 9, it worked great. Now I am using Fedora 4, and
it's  being problematic because it doesnt have version 5 of libstdc++.so, but
rather it has version 6.
Install the 'compat-libstdc++' rpm package?
I did just that before you mentioned it... It worked.. Sometimes I ask dumb questions... Now I am wondering why shell scripts are acting up in Fedora 4.... Anyone seen this behavior: When I use file paths as arguments to a program, like "dmd Program.d" it can't find the file... Even when it's obviously there... I tried doing a cd to the directory using a root based path, and it did the same.. Don't know what's with that...
Maybe "chmod +x dmd" helps?
Oct 19 2005
prev sibling parent "John S. Skogtvedt" <jss2k2 chello.no> writes:
Trevor Parscal wrote:
 In article <dj6bpm$2ps$1 digitaldaemon.com>, David Rushby says...

In article <dj4trv$16jp$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Trevor Parscal says...

So I have used DMD on RedHat 9, it worked great. Now I am using Fedora 4, and
it's  being problematic because it doesnt have version 5 of libstdc++.so, but
rather it has version 6.
Install the 'compat-libstdc++' rpm package?
I did just that before you mentioned it... It worked.. Sometimes I ask dumb questions... Now I am wondering why shell scripts are acting up in Fedora 4.... Anyone seen this behavior: When I use file paths as arguments to a program, like "dmd Program.d" it can't find the file... Even when it's obviously there... I tried doing a cd to the directory using a root based path, and it did the same.. Don't know what's with that... And yes, I googled the hell out of it.. :) Thanks, Trevor Parscal
I some times got that from Makefiles. In all cases, the solution was to make sure it called /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh. It's a symlink, but apparently the binary does a name check. Hope this helps.
Oct 20 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
What is going wrong?

news:dj4trv$16jp$1 digitaldaemon.com...

parent Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright escribió:
 What is going wrong?

 "Trevor Parscal" <Trevor_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:dj4trv$16jp$1 digitaldaemon.com...

I think I posted in the wrong group already, but.. ok..

So I have used DMD on RedHat 9, it worked great. Now I am using Fedora 4,
and
it's  being problematic because it doesnt have version 5 of libstdc++.so,
but
rather it has version 6.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Trevor Parscal
I've had that problem too. I think you (Walter) are using a kinda old linux distro. Or gcc version, I dunno. -- Carlos Santander Bernal
Oct 20 2005