digitalmars.D - MinTLc embedded locks library out of date?

reply James Dunne <james.jdunne gmail.com> writes:
Ben,

Your MinTLc library includes a dependent version of the locks library,
which is slightly outdated compared to the independent version offered
on your site (i.e. using !== and === instead of !is and is, respectively).

It also breaks compilation in locksimpl.d on linux (haven't tested on
Win32, so I can't say), while the independent version compiles just
fine.  I don't know if you have special modifications made to the
dependent locks library for use with MinTLc vs. the independent locks
library.  Hopefully, they should be one in the same, but it is not safe
for me to assume so.  For now, I'll try using the independent locks
library (overwriting the dependent copy MinTLc.zip unpacks).

Thanks, Ben!
Sep 02 2005
parent reply James Dunne <james.jdunne gmail.com> writes:
James Dunne wrote:
 Ben,

 Your MinTLc library includes a dependent version of the locks library,
 which is slightly outdated compared to the independent version offered
 on your site (i.e. using !== and === instead of !is and is, respectively).

 It also breaks compilation in locksimpl.d on linux (haven't tested on
 Win32, so I can't say), while the independent version compiles just
 fine.  I don't know if you have special modifications made to the
 dependent locks library for use with MinTLc vs. the independent locks
 library.  Hopefully, they should be one in the same, but it is not safe
 for me to assume so.  For now, I'll try using the independent locks
 library (overwriting the dependent copy MinTLc.zip unpacks).

 Thanks, Ben!
On 2nd check, the library completely fails to compile with many errors under linux. I'm using DMD v0.129. -- Regards, James Dunne
Sep 02 2005
parent reply Ben Hinkle <Ben_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dfao9k$1or7$1 digitaldaemon.com>, James Dunne says...
James Dunne wrote:
[...]

Hmm. I'll check it out after the long weekend. I hadn't been giving much attention to locks and mintlc lately.
Sep 03 2005
parent "Ben Hinkle" <ben.hinkle gmail.com> writes:
news:dfcuom$jef$1 digitaldaemon.com...
James Dunne wrote:
[...]

updated to dmd.131 and uploaded to the MinTL page http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/mintl/
Sep 10 2005