digitalmars.D - D editor support

reply Tim Laurent <nanobyte gmx.com> writes:
I noticed that the more D source code you write with a simple editor,
the more difficult it becomes to jump to methods/functions. I use

that I can display a list of functions in addition to have syntax
highlighting, but that is not enough.

What's I'm really looking for is a fully-featured code browser like in
VC++. Is there any freely available editor that supports something like
that for D?

Thanks,

-Tim
Jul 26 2005
next sibling parent reply Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
In article <dc5ksi$tlh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Tim Laurent says...
I noticed that the more D source code you write with a simple editor,
the more difficult it becomes to jump to methods/functions. I use

that I can display a list of functions in addition to have syntax
highlighting, but that is not enough.

What's I'm really looking for is a fully-featured code browser like in
VC++. Is there any freely available editor that supports something like
that for D?
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport Sean
Jul 26 2005
parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
<shameless>

Elephant has a codebrowser & jump to function / class / variable ( Alt - G )
, module ( Alt - B ).

Don't forget to set your import paths for added code-completion :).

</shameless>

news:dc5l7c$tus$1 digitaldaemon.com...

The latest version of the Zeus for Windows editor comes with class browsing and code completion for the D language: http://www.zeusedit.com/lookmain.html Zeus uses the Exuberant Ctags to generate the tags information and the code changes that where required to support D can be found here: http://www.zeusedit.com/z300/ctags_src.zip
 Is there any freely available editor that supports something
 like that for D?
Zeus is shareware but has a 45 day fully functional trial period. Jussi Jumppanen http://www.zeusedit.com
Aug 07 2005